[Bug tracking] Total power loss

Secondator

Hi,

I'm flying offline and using Ultimate Traffic Live as AI Traffic. I don't have any Carenado aircraft installed.

Any clues? I have checked every suggestion and solution mentioned in this thread, including the complete uninstallation of the software and  installation as per your recommendations.

Thanks in advance,

Alessandro

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

just to update this thread: Flight1 support confirmed that UTL doesn't use Carenado models.

I'll try to unistall again then will do a new installation.

Alessandro

So,

after reinstalling following Aerosoft reinstall guide, I made three complete flights without report of the total power loss.

But the printer out of paper  bug is still there and I have to reports that the sound of engine fite test isn't correct (I ear a single beep) and the checklist feature doesn't work well because after reaching cruise level the sim doesn't start the remaining checklists starting the before descend CL.

I've installed the experimentary version.

Waiting for your help, thank you.

Alessandro

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, AlleUsai said:

So,

after reinstalling following Aerosoft reinstall guide, I made three complete flights without report of the total power loss.

But the printer out of paper  bug is still there and I have to reports that the sound of engine fite test isn't correct (I ear a single beep) and the checklist feature doesn't work well because after reaching cruise level the sim doesn't start the remaining checklists starting the before descend CL.

Alessandro

Fire test is fixed and will be released with next update. 
And please separate topics for each bug in the correct section.

2 hours ago, AlleUsai said:

So,

Alessandro

Alessandro,

I'm very happy to hear you're not suffering from the loss of power issue anymore, but sorry to hear that you are not able to see the Printer paper. 

I am not up to speed on the everything in the current P3Dv4.5 version of the Airbus but I've been spending time this afternoon doing several uninstall and reinstall of the A320/A321 in order to specifically look at  your issue.  I've been at it for about an hour and I'll need another hour to complete my assessment and get back to you.

In the meantime, I'm providing you with some additional information regarding the printer issues (below) and if you don't mind I have a few questions for you that will help me run this down for you.  I believe the Fire Test issue has been resolved in the current Beta but I'll double check that.

In the past we've  seen this most often when someone has had an errant uninstall, install or update of the product, especially where computer security was not fully disabled, the installer was not run as Admin,  the updater was not run as Admin, remaining files after an uninstall were not checked for and removed if still present, and/or the user account is not an Admin account or there were folder or file permission.  The installation location can also come into play here.

I realize you have already provided some of the information I've requested below, but if  it's not too much difficulty would you please manually verify this again for me?  We like to do this whenever the simple fixes don't seem to resolve issues.

1.  Are you using P3Dv4.56HF3?

2.  What is the specific location to which P3Dv4.5 was installed to?

3. What is the specific location to which you installed the Airbus?

4.  Are you certain the product was uninstalled a check was then made for for any remaining product folders and files, a reboot was performed before installing the product again?

5. The current download version of the Airbus A320/A321 which installs is version 1.3.1.0.  The AS Updater will then install version 1.3.1.1, but one should reboot before installing that update and the AS Updater should be run as Admin. 

6. Would you kindly zip and upload your "Data" folder in your reply in this thread?  It will be located in the Aerosoft A320-A321 folder where you installed the product.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Dave

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Alessandro,

I'm very happy to hear you're not suffering from the loss of power issue anymore, but sorry to hear that you are not able to see the Printer paper. 

I am not up to speed on the everything in the current P3Dv4.5 version of the Airbus but I've been spending time this afternoon doing several uninstall and reinstall of the A320/A321 in order to specifically look at  your issue.  I've been at it for about an hour and I'll need another hour to complete my assessment and get back to you.

In the meantime, I'm providing you with some additional information regarding the printer issues (below) and if you don't mind I have a few questions for you that will help me run this down for you.  I believe the Fire Test issue has been resolved in the current Beta but I'll double check that.

In the past we've  seen this most often when someone has had an errant uninstall, install or update of the product, especially where computer security was not fully disabled, the installer was not run as Admin,  the updater was not run as Admin, remaining files after an uninstall were not checked for and removed if still present, and/or the user account is not an Admin account or there were folder or file permission.  The installation location can also come into play here.

I realize you have already provided some of the information I've requested below, but if  it's not too much difficulty would you please manually verify this again for me?  We like to do this whenever the simple fixes don't seem to resolve issues.

1.  Are you using P3Dv4.56HF3?

2.  What is the specific location to which P3Dv4.5 was installed to?

3. What is the specific location to which you installed the Airbus?

4.  Are you certain the product was uninstalled a check was then made for for any remaining product folders and files, a reboot was performed before installing the product again?

5. The current download version of the Airbus A320/A321 which installs is version 1.3.1.0.  The AS Updater will then install version 1.3.1.1, but one should reboot before installing that update and the AS Updater should be run as Admin. 

6. Would you kindly zip and upload your "Data" folder in your reply in this thread?  It will be located in the Aerosoft A320-A321 folder where you installed the product.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Dave

Just a small update,

The printer works just fine, so I'm confident that the information in my post above will lead you to the solution my friend.  Please send me the information I requested, but I also would perform another complete uninstall and reinstall, being careful not to skip any of the steps.  If you have any questions about the procedure then I would stop and seek assistance.  The last thing we want is for you to be grounded and frustrated!

Being careful not to miss any steps, Here is what I'd like you to do:

1. Ensure your Windows User Account belongs to the Administrator group (has Administrator access rights).

Delete any of the Aerosoft Airbus P3Dv4  product installers you may have on your system and download all of the Aerosoft Airbus for P3Dv4 product installers again.

2. Take note of the location where you have the Aerosoft Airbus P3Dv4 products installed to.

3. Uninstall all Aerosoft Airbus P3Dv4 products.

4. Reboot.

5.  Using the Windows Explorer check the location where you previously had the Aerosoft Airbus p3Dv4.5  product(s) installed to, looking for any files / data which may still be present. If there are any folders /files reminding, please zip those folders/files and upload in your response for assessment. Alternatively you can upload to file hosting service.  After this, you can delete the files.

6. Disable  your computer security, including Windows Defender. All beta are off until unless you can be 100% certain all of your computer security is disabled during the installation process.

7. Be sure to run all Installers as "Administrator".

8. Starting with the A318/A319, then the A320/A321 and finally the A330, install each Airbus product you own.  Be sure to install in the prescribed order.  You do not need to reboot in between each installation.  If you select Install RAAS for one product. recommend doing so for each Airbus Product.

9. After you have successful run each installer for the products you have purchased, reboot your computer.

10. Launch P3Dv4.5HF3 as Adminstrator, select the Aerosoft Airbus A321, Delta Livery and launch into airport your choice.  Once the aircraft has fully loaded, close P3D.  Note any errors of any type with the aircraft or with P3D.

11. If there were no errors in Step 10 (above ), ensure your computer security is still disabled and then launch the Aerosoft Updater as Administrator, select each Aerosoft product you have purchased for which there is an update available in order, starting with the A318/A319, next the A320/A321 and finally the A330.

12. After completing the update for each product you have purchased, reboot.

13. If you prefer, update your NavData.

14. Launch the the Airbus Configurator, select the NavData you intend to use, if you have a graphics card equal to or greater than a GTX 900 Series or better de-select "Force ECAM Software Rendering".  NOTE:  If you are running P3D on a laptop then you will have to test to determine if you need that box checked or not (if you can't read text in the Airbus then you know  you need this box selected).  Then select "Use default printer" box on the right side of the Configurator window.

15. Start the Aerosoft Airbus Fuel Planner and then set / select the following (and ONLY the following): 

a. Select "Switch to Advanced Mode".

b.  Ensure the A321 is selected.

c. Set PAX to 180.

d.  Cargo = 2000 kg.

e.  Total (fuel) in the lower right hand corner:  12,000 kg, and then press "Enter" on  your keyboard (you have to press the "enter" key).

f.  Adjust CoG = DOWN 2.0.

g.  Select "Generate Loadsheet".

h.  Select "Exit" in the Fuel Planner.

13. Launch P3Dv4.5HF3 as Administrator, select the Aerosoft Airbus A321, Delta Livery, and launch into airport your choice. 

14. Open MCDU#3 (the settings MCDU).

15. MCDU#3:  Set Aircraft State to TURN AROUND STATE.

16. After the aircraft system stablize, select "LOAD/FUEL", select "INIT>LOADSHEET" and after 2 seconds verify the following figures load:

a. PAX = 180.

b. Cargo = 2.

c. Fuel = 12.00

d. ZFW / ZFWCG = 67.4 / 36.5

e. TRIM = DN-2.0

If the figures above are accurate the proceed to Step 17.  If not, take a screen shot or otherwise note the inaccuracies and provide in your response.

17. Select "LOAD INSTANT" (you may have to select this twice to load the aircraft) and check to see if the Printer prints and ejects paper.  Also check MCDU#3 Center Column verify the "ACT" (Actual) values are as follows:

a. PAX = 180.

b. Cargo = 2.

c. Fuel = 12.00.

d. TOQ/MAX = 93.50 (this value should be constant).

e. TOW/ACT = 79.42.

If the figures above are accurate the proceed to Step 17.  If not, take a screen shot or otherwise note the inaccuracies and provide in your response.

18.  Fuel displayed on the Upper ECAM should be 12000 KG.

Please login to display this image.

Whew!  That's a LOT of typing on this end, I hope it helps!  Please let me know.

Hi Dave,

thank you for your reply.

Unfortunatly I'll be out for holiday for a couple of week so I can't try to unistall and install again following your notes. I'll do after the 23th of August.

But I can send you my current Data folder and answer to your questions:

1.  Are you using P3Dv4.56HF3? My P3d version is P3D Professional 4.5 HF3 4.5.1434698.

2.  What is the specific location to which P3Dv4.5 was installed to? C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

3. What is the specific location to which you installed the Airbus? C:\Users\alleu\Documents\Aerosoft.

4.  Are you certain the product was uninstalled a check was then made for for any remaining product folders and files, a reboot was performed before installing the product again? Yes I do.

5. The current download version of the Airbus A320/A321 which installs is version 1.3.1.0.  The AS Updater will then install version 1.3.1.1, but one should reboot before installing that update and the AS Updater should be run as Admin. I've done a reboot after run of AS Updater and apply 1.3.11 version.

6. Would you kindly zip and upload your "Data" folder in your reply in this thread?  It will be located in the Aerosoft A320-A321 folder where you installed the product. Please see attachment.

Thanks again,

Alessandro

Data.zip

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 2:13 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Just a small update,

The printer works just fine, so I'm confident that the information in my post above will lead you to the solution my friend.  Please send me the information I requested, but I also would perform another complete uninstall and reinstall, being careful not to skip any of the steps.  If you have any questions about the procedure then I would stop and seek assistance.  The last thing we want is for you to be grounded and frustrated!

Being careful not to miss any steps, Here is what I'd like you to do:

1. Ensure your Windows User Account belongs to the Administrator group (has Administrator access rights).

Delete any of the Aerosoft Airbus P3Dv4  product installers you may have on your system and download all of the Aerosoft Airbus for P3Dv4 product installers again.

2. Take note of the location where you have the Aerosoft Airbus P3Dv4 products installed to.

3. Uninstall all Aerosoft Airbus P3Dv4 products.

4. Reboot.

5.  Using the Windows Explorer check the location where you previously had the Aerosoft Airbus p3Dv4.5  product(s) installed to, looking for any files / data which may still be present. If there are any folders /files reminding, please zip those folders/files and upload in your response for assessment. Alternatively you can upload to file hosting service.  After this, you can delete the files.

6. Disable  your computer security, including Windows Defender. All beta are off until unless you can be 100% certain all of your computer security is disabled during the installation process.

7. Be sure to run all Installers as "Administrator".

8. Starting with the A318/A319, then the A320/A321 and finally the A330, install each Airbus product you own.  Be sure to install in the prescribed order.  You do not need to reboot in between each installation.  If you select Install RAAS for one product. recommend doing so for each Airbus Product.

9. After you have successful run each installer for the products you have purchased, reboot your computer.

10. Launch P3Dv4.5HF3 as Adminstrator, select the Aerosoft Airbus A321, Delta Livery and launch into airport your choice.  Once the aircraft has fully loaded, close P3D.  Note any errors of any type with the aircraft or with P3D.

11. If there were no errors in Step 10 (above ), ensure your computer security is still disabled and then launch the Aerosoft Updater as Administrator, select each Aerosoft product you have purchased for which there is an update available in order, starting with the A318/A319, next the A320/A321 and finally the A330.

12. After completing the update for each product you have purchased, reboot.

13. If you prefer, update your NavData.

14. Launch the the Airbus Configurator, select the NavData you intend to use, if you have a graphics card equal to or greater than a GTX 900 Series or better de-select "Force ECAM Software Rendering".  NOTE:  If you are running P3D on a laptop then you will have to test to determine if you need that box checked or not (if you can't read text in the Airbus then you know  you need this box selected).  Then select "Use default printer" box on the right side of the Configurator window.

15. Start the Aerosoft Airbus Fuel Planner and then set / select the following (and ONLY the following): 

a. Select "Switch to Advanced Mode".

b.  Ensure the A321 is selected.

c. Set PAX to 180.

d.  Cargo = 2000 kg.

e.  Total (fuel) in the lower right hand corner:  12,000 kg, and then press "Enter" on  your keyboard (you have to press the "enter" key).

f.  Adjust CoG = DOWN 2.0.

g.  Select "Generate Loadsheet".

h.  Select "Exit" in the Fuel Planner.

13. Launch P3Dv4.5HF3 as Administrator, select the Aerosoft Airbus A321, Delta Livery, and launch into airport your choice. 

14. Open MCDU#3 (the settings MCDU).

15. MCDU#3:  Set Aircraft State to TURN AROUND STATE.

16. After the aircraft system stablize, select "LOAD/FUEL", select "INIT>LOADSHEET" and after 2 seconds verify the following figures load:

a. PAX = 180.

b. Cargo = 2.

c. Fuel = 12.00

d. ZFW / ZFWCG = 67.4 / 36.5

e. TRIM = DN-2.0

17. Select "LOAD INSTANT" (you may have to select this twice to load the aircraft) and check to see if the Printer prints and ejects paper.  Also check MCDU#3 Center Column verify the "ACT" (Actual) values are as follows:

a. PAX = 180.

b. Cargo = 2.

c. Fuel = 12.00.

d. TOQ/MAX = 93.50 (this value should be constant).

e. TOW/ACT = 79.42.

18.  Fuel displayed on the Upper ECAM should be 12000 KG.

Please login to display this image.

Whew!  That's a LOT of typing on this end, I hope it helps!  Please let me know.

I Dave,

I've done all tasks you gave me.

I've updated to experimental version 1.3.1.1 and all outputs are similar to yours. And the printer printed and the sheet is visible and filled with correct values.

As requested I'm attaching the Aerosoft folder after the Uninstall task.

Looking forawrd for your advices.

Regards,

Alessandro

Aerosoft_AfterUninstall.zip

5 minutes ago, AlleUsai said:

I Dave,

I've done all tasks you gave me.

I've updated to experimental version 1.3.1.1 and all outputs are similar to yours. And the printer printed and the sheet is visible and filled with correct values.

As requested I'm attaching the Aerosoft folder after the Uninstall task.

Looking forawrd for your advices.

Regards,

Alessandro

Aerosoft_AfterUninstall.zip 136.62 MB · 0 downloads

So it's working just fine for you now my friend?

Hi Dave,

yes, printer and its sheets of paper seem to work correctly now.

I'm aware of fire test issue is fixed and will be released with next update.

Now I want to test again if checklists work. I'll let you know.

Thanks again,

Alessandro

Hi Dave,

finally I sorted out some test on checklist system.

As I seen checklists starts normally on cockpit preparation then doesn't activate after GSX pushback phase.

Must I open a ticket for this issue?

Thanks,

Alessandro 

• 3 months later...

Archived