[Bug tracking] Total power loss

Secondator

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Have you ever had Carenado aircraft installed on your computer?

YES! I have 3, still installed, does the issue lay with these then? Do I need to uninstall them?  I flew the PMDG 737 in the same scenario and the entire flight went as it should.

1 hour ago, Badwolfx said:

YES! I have 3, still installed, does the issue lay with these then? Do I need to uninstall them?  I flew the PMDG 737 in the same scenario and the entire flight went as it should.

That might well be. We know the issue with their coypright system exists and they do not care about changing it as far as I am aware..

Best you give it a try and just see what happens.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:59 PM, niallkav said:

hello All,

I had this a while back (many revisions ago) and it turned out I had automixture turned off in realism settings. A P3D upgrade had reset it.

Hope this helps

Niall Kavanagh

From the manual:

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

That might well be. We know the issue with their coypright system exists and they do not care about changing it as far as I am aware..

Best you give it a try and just see what happens.

But if you check PMDG support you will find the same issues...

The tip from Niall is very useful as well, it could very well be an influence.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But if you check PMDG support you will find the same issues...

The tip from Niall is very useful as well, it could very well be an influence.

Hi Mathijs, I have acted on Nail's comment and my automixture was already off as I had left it. This problem is only occuring when I am logged into vatsim via vPilot. If the mixture was the issue, surely I would have seen this error offline as well?

In respect of the carenado issue, is this a realistic root cause and, if so, is uninstalling the carenado products the only resolution?

I think the PMDG faultless flight  is simply a fluke, for me, it would probably have failed if I flew it enough times but I only switched to it because the Airbus kept going cldrk for me.

2 minutes ago, Badwolfx said:

Hi Mathijs, I have acted on Nail's comment and my automixture was already off as I had left it. This problem is only occuring when I am logged into vatsim via vPilot.

If the mixture was the issue, surely I would have seen this error offline as well?

In respect of the carenado issue, is this a realistic root cause and, if so, is uninstalling the carenado products the only resolution?

I think the PMDG this is simply fluke, for me, it would probably,y of our if I flew it enough times but I only switched to it because the Airbus kept going cldrk for me.

There is s fix on the Carenado website, I don't know what it is as I don't have any Carenado products. The probkem inly occurs online.

8 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There is s fix on the Carenado website, I don't know what it is as I don't have any Carenado products. The probkem inly occurs online.

Hi Dave, do you have any more specific detail of how to find the fix? I've just put every string I can think of into their site and it doesnt lead to anything. The word 'Airbus' isn't even found let alone stuff surrounding online shutdowns etc.. so you have no Carenado products installed, I take it you don't suffer with this issue?

24 minutes ago, Badwolfx said:

Hi Dave, do you have any more specific detail of how to find the fix? I've just put every string I can think of into their site and it doesnt lead to anything. The word 'Airbus' isn't even found let alone stuff surrounding online shutdowns etc.. so you have no Carenado products installed, I take it you don't suffer with this issue?

The Carenado DRM issue affects most all payware aircraft.  As I mentioned, it occurs when you fly online and a Carenado texture is called when that aircraft type comes within a certain range of the aircraft you're flying.  Since you have Carenado aircraft installed, the DRM is triggered which affects the aircraft  you're flying by essentially disabling it.

I don't know what the fix is on their website, but I'm sure if you disable the Carenado models in your pilot client, that would most certainly resolve the matter as the models would not be called.

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The Carenado DRM issue affects most all payware aircraft.  As I mentioned, it occurs when you fly online and a Carenado texture is called when that aircraft type comes within a certain range of the aircraft you're flying.  Since you have Carenado aircraft installed, the DRM is triggered which affects the aircraft  you're flying by essentially disabling it.

I don't know what the fix is on their website, but I'm sure if you disable the Carenado models in your pilot client, that would most certainly resolve the matter as the models would not be called.

Good stuff... I just found the same fix mentioned by Mikav mentioned elsewhere on this forum, he advised to untick the carenado products in the matching section of vPilot which I have now done. I shall put in a flight tomorrow morning,, fingers crossed it works and  I don't go down over the Englush Channel!

7 minutes ago, Badwolfx said:

Good stuff... I just found the same fix mentioned by Mikav mentioned elsewhere on this forum, he advised to untick the carenado products in the matching section of vPilot which I have now done. I shall put in a flight tomorrow morning,, fingers crossed it works and  I don't go down over the Englush Channel!

Excellent.  Best wishes!

19 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Excellent.  Best wishes!

So this morning I made it to EGKK in the A320 and just as I pulled off the runway she went cldrk. I re-checked the vPilot advanced settings again, all Carenado titled aircraft unticked. As I scrolled back up I noticed 2 Albaeo models, I have now unticked those as something in the back of my mind says that they are connected with carenado ,, is that a possibility?

20 minutes ago, Badwolfx said:

So this morning I made it to EGKK in the A320 and just as I pulled off the runway she went cldrk. I re-checked the vPilot advanced settings again, all Carenado titled aircraft unticked. As I scrolled back up I noticed 2 Albaeo models, I have now unticked those as something in the back of my mind says that they are connected with carenado ,, is that a possibility?

They are indeed!

On 10/28/2019 at 2:27 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

So in your case it was pretty obvious the Carenado 

Yes. I have flown several more hours now in the Airbus family and no issues whatsoever. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Badwolfx said:

Yes. I have flown several more hours now in the Airbus family and no issues whatsoever. 

Thanks for your feedback

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

Just to say problem recurred with A330 when automixture off! and normal after automixture on for next flight. carenado installed but all excluded from vpilot VMR/model matching

Niall

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Simulator version: Prepar3D v4.5.14.34698
Airbus version: A333 - 1.0.0.10   /   A320's - 1.3.0.5

Add-ons in use: EVTEX, ACTIVE SKY, VPILOT, Various Sceneries; RPLL & WSSS (will occur anywhere)

System specs: Intel I5-3550 @ 3.3GHz; 16GB of RAM; GTX 2060

Description of the issue: Usually Happens on approach, aircraft shuts down without reason, sometimes able to restart the engines via APU, once that starts, my last occurance I wasn't able to do anything, therefore cancelling the flight.

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

No, Happens when it pleases.

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

ZGGG - WSSS / WADD-RPLL / ANY ROUTES

On 4/24/2020 at 9:25 AM, Michel Montreuil said:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Simulator version: Prepar3D v4.5.14.34698
Airbus version: A333 - 1.0.0.10   /   A320's - 1.3.0.5

Add-ons in use: EVTEX, ACTIVE SKY, VPILOT, Various Sceneries; RPLL & WSSS (will occur anywhere)

System specs: Intel I5-3550 @ 3.3GHz; 16GB of RAM; GTX 2060

Description of the issue: Usually Happens on approach, aircraft shuts down without reason, sometimes able to restart the engines via APU, once that starts, my last occurance I wasn't able to do anything, therefore cancelling the flight.

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

No, Happens when it pleases.

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

ZGGG - WSSS / WADD-RPLL / ANY ROUTES

So far; This solution works;

I had Vpilot default aircraft as the Carenado X56, I'm positive this was linked to my power loss issues. 

3 hours ago, Michel Montreuil said:

I had Vpilot default aircraft as the Carenado X56, I'm positive this was linked to my power loss issues. 

I absolutely know that was the case, it's a known issue with their DRM.

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

today I have experience a total power loss bug. It's the third in a row in three flights.

Operating System: Window 10 Home 64bit version 10.0.19041
Simulator version: P3D Professional 4.5 HF3 4.5.1434698
Airbus version: A320-A321 Professional 1.3.1.0

Add-ons in use:

• MaddogX,
  • Majestic Dash8 Q400,
  • Ultimate Traffic Live,
  • Navigraph Simlink, 
  • FSUIPC v.5.152 Registered
  • SPAD.neXt
  • ActiveSky for P3Dv4 v.7410
  • GSX level 2
  • PRO-ATC-X v.1.9.2.5
  • ORBX Global (Base Pack, Buildings HD, VECTOR, openLC Europe, Airport Pack, Libraries) 
  • ORBX Europe (England, Norway, EDBH, LIDA, LIEO)
  • //42 PrecipitFX, Q400 Immersion
  • REX Sky Force 3d
  • ENVSHADE
  • Aerosoft Bologna X

System specs: please see DESKTOP-S06IEGB.txt attached file

Description of the issue:

On final approach, when I set flaps to FULL position, aircrafs shut down and it's impossible to restart them.

No, I tried but it happend three times in a row in different days.

As I wrote before, the issue happens during the final approach on LIEA (default airport) and LIPE (Bologna X scenery).

I have not tried landings on other airports with Aerosoft Airbus.

Also I'm experiencig the Paper missing from printer issue.

I'm sending screenshots of my settings. I use three monitors with P3D.

I am at your disposal for other information and clarifications.

Thanks in advance,

Alessandro

DESKTOP-S06IEGB.txt 20200802_log.zip

26 minutes ago, AlleUsai said:

Hi, 

today I have experience a total power loss bug. It's the third in a row in three flights.

Operating System: Window 10 Home 64bit version 10.0.19041
Simulator version: P3D Professional 4.5 HF3 4.5.1434698
Airbus version: A320-A321 Professional 1.3.1.0

Add-ons in use:

• MaddogX,
  • Majestic Dash8 Q400,
  • Ultimate Traffic Live,
  • Navigraph Simlink, 
  • FSUIPC v.5.152 Registered
  • SPAD.neXt
  • ActiveSky for P3Dv4 v.7410
  • GSX level 2
  • PRO-ATC-X v.1.9.2.5
  • ORBX Global (Base Pack, Buildings HD, VECTOR, openLC Europe, Airport Pack, Libraries) 
  • ORBX Europe (England, Norway, EDBH, LIDA, LIEO)
  • //42 PrecipitFX, Q400 Immersion
  • REX Sky Force 3d
  • ENVSHADE
  • Aerosoft Bologna X

System specs: please see DESKTOP-S06IEGB.txt attached file

Description of the issue:

On final approach, when I set flaps to FULL position, aircrafs shut down and it's impossible to restart them.

No, I tried but it happend three times in a row in different days.

As I wrote before, the issue happens during the final approach on LIEA (default airport) and LIPE (Bologna X scenery).

I have not tried landings on other airports with Aerosoft Airbus.

Also I'm experiencig the Paper missing from printer issue.

I'm sending screenshots of my settings. I use three monitors with P3D.

I am at your disposal for other information and clarifications.

Thanks in advance,

Alessandro

DESKTOP-S06IEGB.txt 86.39 kB · 0 downloads 20200802_log.zip 1.32 MB · 0 downloads

Are you flying online or using AI Traffic that may be calling one of the Carenado aircraft?

Paper missing from the printer may be due to either not having updated the aircraft, not having updated the aircraft properly, or otherwise by a bad install (Not disabling computer security, not running update/installer as Admin, etc.).

Archived