[Bug tracking] Total power loss

Secondator

Good morning all,

I experienced this issue yesterday.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64 bit)
Simulator version: P3D v4.4
Airbus version: Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional v1.2.3.0

Add-ons in use: Orbx Global, Orbx Open LC Europe, FlyTampa Amsterdam, UK2000 Birmingham FREE, Active Sky for P3Dv4, Chaseplane, GSX Level 2 Bundle, vPilot

System specs: Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR4 Ram @ 2400MHz, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB

Description of the issue: I was in flight, climbing out of Amsterdam passing FL310 and turning right to my next waypoint when the aircraft seemed to shut down completely. I was streaming on Twitch at the time so you can view the clip of the moment here

https://www.twitch.tv/ripplyp3d/clip/SpunkySecretiveSageDeIlluminati

And if you'd like the full recording (including previous flight and preflight etc), here it is

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399898269  (Occurs at 2:55:55)

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

I flew the flight again with the same company route but was unable to replicate the issue. I did not have logging enabled but I have now turned the feature on in case I experience the issue again. I was however, flying on projectFLY and the tracking from there is available here https://app.projectfly.co.uk/app/#/logbook/1456012

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

The incident occured on the second flight I was doing (I did not reload the sim). I've attatched the SimBrief route I was using through the company route feature.

If I've missed any information or you'd like to know more, please let me know.

Regards,

Tom

EHAMEGBB_PDF_23Mar19.pdf

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

Yesterday, for the first time in many years of flightsimming, I experienced a total power loss. The batteries still showed a normal voltage, but I was not able to start the APU.

Here are my system specs/configuration:

Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.17763

P3DV4.4

Airbus version A320 1.2.3.0

Taxi2Gate Munich scenery

OrbX Europe

Active Sky/Cloud Art

Navigraph charts

vPilot

BAV Merlin

System specs: Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz 16GB RAM GForce GTX 970 SSD disks

The loss of power occurred on the final approach to EDDM rwy26R

So I think this all the required information. I intend to take the same flight later today.

Regards,

Domingos

The A-320 systems shut down with black displays and no engines flying from Houston to Miami on Vatsim two weeks ago. On Friday, 3/29, flying from Ft Worth to Chicago in level flight at cruising altitude, the aircraft lost all power and started losing speed as the systems attempted to maintain altitude - but the displays did not go black. Unable to resolve the issue, I had to disconnect from Vatsim. I did not capture logs during both incidents, but will moving forward. In addition, the aircraft climbs at 6,000+ FPM departing on RNAVs after engaging the autopilot with auto throttle engaged. 

I always employ the Aerosoft fuel planner and have sufficient fuel when these events occur. 

System specs: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz; 16GB Memory; Active Sky, vPilot, and GSX under P3Dv4.4. GeForce GTX 1080. Nothing fancy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

People who are still experiencing this issue, could you please take some screenshots from P3D Fuel & Payload and if possible from the Lower ECAM fuel page when the issue happens. I know it might be hard to get the reading from lower ECAM but if you somehow manage to get the aircraft systems back running, it could help us see what is causing this.

Unfortunately, we still cannot reproduce this issue on our test systems which makes it very hard for us to know at all where to look from on this one. But I can assure you that we are eager to find the cause to fix it!

• Deputy Sheriffs

If anyone is still experiencing this issue, could you please let us know if you are flying an online network while you experience this issue. Also, if so please let us know the network you are using.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Simulator version: 4.5
Airbus version: 1.2.4.0

Add-ons in use: Active Sky P3D version 7062, ASCA, ENVSHADE, ENTEX

System specs:  i7 7700k overclocked at 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 (not overclocked), DDR4 Ram 16 gb G Skill overclocked at 2800 mhz

Description of the issue: As I was reaching FL400, complete blackout

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?  This is the first time I ever experienced this.

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):  KLAS to CYVR, near waypoint LKV at FL400. Zero fuel weight 54549kg, Taxi weight 63063, takeoff weight 62520.  I did experience a really weird stall issue before.  I was on autopilot cruising to my TOC (FL400), went away from the PC for about 20 mins, and then when I returned the aircraft was at FL150, with IAS of about 180 knots at a stall.  Engines were at almost max. I disengaged the autopilot, aimed down, regained speed, and re-engaged climb.  I stopped at FL360 to see if all was ok, then resumed to FL400.

• Aerosoft

Gents, it is very important that we know if you see this flying online or with AI traffic in the surrounding. As indicates on forums of other complex aircraft that show the same issue it seems it could be a problematic AI or VATSIM/IVAO aircraft that causes the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I just experienced this for the first time :(

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64 bit)
Simulator version: P3D v4.5 (hotfix 1)
Airbus version: Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional v1.2.4.1

Add-ons in use: Orbx Global, Active Sky for P3Dv4, GSX Level 2 Bundle, PILOT's Alicante and Aerosoft Malaga

System specs: Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB  Ram, GeForce GTX 1080TI 11GB

Description of the issue: I did a succesful flight from Alicante to Malaga and was on final for RWY 13. I enabled my AI and waited until 1.000ft to disengage the AP by moving the flight controls. Almost immediately the aircraft went totally dark (same as reported above)

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

Haven't tried yet.

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

Weight config attached. Used the A320 IAE with Sharklets in Vueling livery... I am using my own AI (both freeware and payware models). Because of the '18FPS bug' I always disable AI when on the runway and enable it again on short final or after landing. I am only flying off-line. I also noted that my controls file was changed. I have attached the XML files here as well.

Please login to display this image.

Controls.zip

• Aerosoft

3 hours ago, Er!k said:

I just experienced this for the first time :(

Gents, it is very important that we know if you see this flying online or with AI traffic in the surrounding. As indicates on forums of other complex aircraft that show the same issue it seems it could be a problematic AI or VATSIM/IVAO aircraft that causes the issue.

Really guys, we need to know if this issue is related to AI or any online traffic model.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And what you're using for AI Models (FLAI, World Traffic, UTL, etc.).

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Really guys, we need to know if this issue is related to AI or any online traffic model.

Hi Mathijs, I thought I clearly stated using off-line AI?

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

And what you're using for AI Models (FLAI, World Traffic, UTL, etc.).

No predefined package. Most freeware models FAIB, AI Aardvark, Fruit Stand (converted for P3D by Alpha India Group) and payware FSPainter...

1 hour ago, Er!k said:

Hi Mathijs, I thought I clearly stated using off-line AI?

No predefined package. Most freeware models FAIB, AI Aardvark, Fruit Stand (converted for P3D by Alpha India Group) and payware FSPainter...

Thanks Erik!

hello All,

I had this a while back (many revisions ago) and it turned out I had automixture turned off in realism settings. A P3D upgrade had reset it.

Hope this helps

Niall Kavanagh

On 5/15/2019 at 2:59 PM, niallkav said:

hello All,

I had this a while back (many revisions ago) and it turned out I had automixture turned off in realism settings. A P3D upgrade had reset it.

Hope this helps

Niall Kavanagh

Can someone confirm this? I always had this option disabled and never an issue until now (once).

THIRD BLACKOUT in last three flights

• i7 7700 @4.2 with 32GB DDR4 RAM on Win10x64 with 1080Ti
  • Airbus A318/19/20/21 Pro version 1.2.4.0
  • P3D4.4 with all the necessary addons (GSX, FSUIPC, SODE, ASP4, etc etc)
  • UTL for AI Traffic (NO VATSIM)
  • Lots and lots of scenery

Nothing out of the ordinary regarding loading the plane and pretty much the same since Aerosoft's Airbuses for FSX and there is no reason at all for the complete blackout.

I've uninstalled, restart computer, reinstalled, restart computer before today's flight - same issue, same result.

It seems 5 months later since this thread was started that it's still a mystery. 

EDITED: This issue only started for me after latest update from Aerosoft. Before that, many many flights without issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hello guys,

We have made some changes in th system logic on the 1.2.4.1. experimental update. Since our beta testing team is unable to reproduce this issue we are fully relying on user reports on this issue. Can anyone confirm if they are still experiencing these blackout issues after 1.2.4.1 update?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

Just had my first one after many months. the first flight after 1.2.4.2 . w10 p3d 4.5 vatsim vpilot AI is FLAi fuel as per planner.

I had noticed a less than 3T alert prior to this.

AB_ND_gdi.log last 3 entries: onfo :Normal termination: Gauge starts closing now!

FSUIPC: i see many exception 25's "illegal_operation. the last one is Exception 25 "illegal operation", Ref 3246, index param -1 on write setdata for "Electrical battery Voltage"

then

**** restarting traffic scanning due to non-reception ****

the

sim stopped and so on

hope this helps

Niall

• 4 weeks later...

Operating System: Windows 10
Simulator version: P3D v4.5 Hotfix 1
Airbus version: 1.2.4.0

Add-ons in use: Chaseplane, Active Sky, EFB2

System specs:

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
  • 16 GB RAM

Description of the issue: As I am flying along around half way/towards the end of the flight all of my displays power down, the aircraft still flys fine and follows the flight plan however I cannot see any of the instruments.

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?: This has happened to me around three times now. It happened whenever I fly, there's no specific thing I do to reproduce it, it just happens at random times during the flight while I'm doing nothing.

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.): First time I do not remember. Second time I was in a A320 EGLL-LEIB, power loss occured on the apporach. The third time (about 10 minutes ago) happened EKBI-EGLL half way through the flight.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the report Mattyboy114,

Could you please confirm are you using any AI models of flying online when the displays power down.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I had this happen today.  While enroute from EGKK to LIRN, approximately 40 minutes after takeoff from Gatwick the entire aircraft powered down without warning.

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 2600 @ 3.4 GHZ

32 GB DDR 4 @ 3000 MHZ

NVidia GTX 1660 w/ 6 GB

250 GB SSD with P3D v. 4.5 with hotfix

1TB HD

Windows 10 Pro Version    10.0.18362 Build 18362

Aerosoft A320/A321 v 1.2.5.0 (Updated to this version on July 31, 2019

Chaseplane version 1.0.43 Experimental (I've been using this version a few weeks and haven't had problems with P3D or the Aerosoft Airbus)

Activesky for P3Dv4 version 7070

REX Sky Force 3D (Not sure what version it is?  It's set to auto update, and has not done so for a while)

Swift Pilot Client version 0.9.1905161012

British Airways Virtual Merlin ACARS version 1.07.06.28

At the time the aircraft powered down I had just opened Google Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 , maybe 90 seconds earlier?  I usually have at least one browser tab open while I fly, if not more for charts, so it's not unusual for me to have Chrome open.

As I stated above, I was flying from EGKK to LIRN.  I had left Gatwick 40 minutes earlier and was flying on VATSIM at FL310 under the control of EuroControl West.  I wasn't even in the P3D window as I was using my browser to search for scenery.  But I had my headphones on and I heard the aircraft power down.

The checklist and copilot system did not react in any way to the aircraft losing power.  I looked at the overhead panel and saw that nothing was illuminated except for the battery indicators, which both showed 28.0 volts, but of course as I tried to repower the aircraft the voltages started decreasing.

My first thought was to turn the batteries off and on, then see if I could start the APU.  That didn't work.  I tried shutting both engine toggles, turning the engine master to start and seeing if the engines would restart, which they did not.  I then tried the old Ctrl++Shift+F4 then Ctrl+E to see if the engines would start?  They did not.  About 1 minute after the aircraft powered down, I did get an audible warning, which I assume was because the aircraft was losing speed and altitude.  While there was no caution or warning light visible on the main panel, I knew where the button was and hit it, and the sound stopped.  I wanted to see if any other systems worked, so I lowered the landing gear.  It lowered just fine, then went back up on my command.  But I couldn't think of any other way to power up the aircraft, so I just quit out of P3D.

As I wrote in another post, I had never had this happen before.  I do not remember if I had loaded the load sheet before starting the checklists?  I think I did, but I am not positive.  I wondered in the other post if I had run out of fuel and was asking what fuel load the aircraft would have if I had not loaded the load sheet?  I thought perhaps it only had the fuel remaining from my previous flight?

I did observe a few things that seemed unusual about this flight before the power failure.

1:  On takeoff the aircraft seemed to accelerate abnormally fast.  It reached V1 and VR about halfway down the runway, which felt early to me.

2:  After takeoff, both while I was flying the aircraft and after I turned on the autopilot, it seemed to accelerate very quickly.  Within maybe 5 seconds of liftoff I was already hitting the flaps 0 overspeed indicator, which happened so quickly that the copilot/checklist didn't even have a chance to react.  Then after I switched on the autopilot the aircraft seemed to climb abnormally fast.  It exceeded 6000 FPM at one point, and through most of the climbout it was over 4k/m.

3:  The aircraft reached the cruising altitude of FL310 very quickly.  I don't even think I had crossed the channel yet.

At the time I didn't think much of these issues.  I had expected to be almost max weight, but I just assumed that maybe it wasn't as heavy as I thought?  Thinking back, perhaps I didn't loadsheet and instead the aircraft was almost empty?  I don't know?

I've since reloaded the aircraft and everything seems normal, including the fact that it has payload and fuel on board without any input from me.  I have not tried to fly it again yet, though I'm going to in a few minutes.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To me it sounds like you ran out of fuel on this occasion. Especially if the aircraft accelerated unusually fast which would mean that you are in very light load.

Keep an eye out for the fuel on your future flights before pushback and make sure you have loaded correct amount. If the power loss still happens and you are 100% positive that you had enough fuel to complete the leg, please let us know.

• 1 month later...

I had my first total power loss last night too. Flying on VATSIM with new voice codecs using VPilot and the A319. Latest version of Airbus updated through the Updater.

No AI traffic visible, or within 50 miles at least. I was within site of destination too, so was just descending through 6000 feet. Plenty of fuel BTW and the fuel levers were still ON, so that was not the cause.

Does the aircraft now simulate fuel starvation? Thats my only thought...

Win7 64Bit

Intel I7 5930K

32Gb RAM

GTX 1060

Chaseplane 

Activesky for P3Dv4 

Cheers 

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Flying the a320 this morning 4000kg fuel remaining as I was descending into egkk with vpilot. Heard the throttle click and then cold dark 'appearance' , all screens blank etc., but the checklist continued and the aircraft seem to be still powered in the engines even though the sound was that of cldrk. Have the latest aerosoft update along with p3dv4.5 and latest vpilot using UTL for the skins. Very frustrating.

Archived