[Bug tracking] Total power loss

Secondator

• Deputy Sheriffs

We are currently investigating users reporting some issues with power loss (total blackout), managed speed (IAS drop) and missing paper from printer. We are trying our best to get these sorted as soon as possible. However, these issues are somewhat hard to reproduce and don’t necessarily happen on every system or flight. Therefore, we are now creating topics so that users can give detailed reports that are kept in one place to investigate further and to have some clues how we could reproduce these issues.

This thread focuses on issues with total power loss. If you are experiencing other issues or bugs please use the correct thread or if the issue does not fall under the three categories mentioned earlier create a new forum topic under correct category. This way we can manage everything better and make sure that everything gets addressed correctly.

If you are experiencing these issues with total power loss, please write a report below with as much information as possible. Even though some information may sound irrelevant, it might still help our testers trying to reproduce the issue

Reporting form:

Operating System:
Simulator version:
Airbus version:

Add-ons in use:

System specs:

Description of the issue:

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

If possible, attach a log file.
We recommend that if you are actively encountering issues with the airbus, you enable logging so that whenever an issue occurs you have the log files ready. If you need help setting up the logging, please see:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/142386-how-to-create-logfiles/Also, screenshots or videos (preferably hosted externally on imgur or youtube for example) of the issue happening are greatly appreciated. (Tip: If you have nvidia Shadowplay, you can use keycommand alt+f10 to save the last 5 minutes of gameplay.)

Other issue tracking threads

Managed speed (IAS drop): https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/143363-managed-speed-issues/

Paper missing from printer: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/142389-bug-tracking-missing-paper-on-printer/

All the previous threads on these issues are saved and will be reviewed so no information is lost.

Also note that even though we are now mainly focusing on these issues it doesn't mean that other issues are not being worked on actively as well. These are just issues that we find hard to reproduce and need help to track them further. Thanks :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something else you and the small number of people who experienced this (of course 1 person is too many) is to save the flight, and then reload the saved flight.  One could also use any number of programs that have an automatic save flight function (such as FSUIPC) which will save the flight as often as you set it for (every 5 minutes, every 10 minutes, etc.) or you can merely save the flight manually at the beginning of each phase of flight.

For background information... I have never experienced this issue, and I have to wonder if it's not another addon causing this.

Best wishes!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the report Aviator3018. I will have a look at the video.

Any information how we could recreate this and log files are appreciated so we could maybe have a better idea what is going on with the bus on your system.

2 hours ago, capablanca said:

Thank you, this has happened to me *3 times i approach EGGD. Im looking for some common occurence which sets it off?

I have a318/319

Cheers

John

If you are able to repeat the error (loss of power), then what might help us track this down is for you to save the flight about every 5 minutes or so up until the point where the power loss occurs, then Zip (the Zip format using 7Zip is preferable) the saved flight files and upload them here.  That way we can jump into the flight and see if it occurs on our test systems.  It would also be very helpful if you would include a text file (Notepad) that told us which version of the Airbus the saved flight file is for (Version 1.2.2.1., 1.2.2.0, etc.

Also, the log files as Jouka mentioned.

EDIT:  If you have it, FSUIPC has a automatic flight saving function that allows you to set the frequency of the saves (5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc.).

Thanks for helping us to track this down!

Redid flight yesterday.(EGJJ-EGGD) Saved every 5 mins - And of course!? NO complete power loss. First time this has happened.

All I have done is re download the software ver 1.2.1 A318/319,  reinstalled *2 (once-  liveries didnt show up). Not used updater so far.

Will continue testing.

W10 ,EZDOK.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yeah, it’s hard to track down these issues that seem to happen rarely. Luckily they seem to be rare but obviously we still want to get them fixed as soon as we know what is actually causing it. Because it’s so rare it’s not really something our beta testers can recreate and we can only hope that it happens on one of our flights so we get as much details out from it as possible.

This is also the reason why possible saved flight file before it happens and the log files are essential, so we can have a look what is going on and get some clues how we could recreate it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are people still experiencing this issue? We made some changes on version 1.2.3.0 that could have solved the problem, but to confirm it would be great to hear some reports whether people are still experiencing it, or if people who experienced it don't experience it anymore after updating version 1.2.3.0.

Thanks!

I was flying om Sunday online on IVAO and my A320 was fine, I never had this problem, but another member of our VA in the group was flying the A321 all updated and his mid flight, went black sceen , he had the problem before and so still has it with the latest version. Sorry no other details as it wasn't me

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, barrendrop3 said:

I was flying om Sunday online on IVAO and my A320 was fine, I never had this problem, but another member of our VA in the group was flying the A321 all updated and his mid flight, went black sceen , he had the problem before and so still has it with the latest version. Sorry no other details as it wasn't me

Could you ask him to report here?

Ciao, oggi nel mio ultimo volo ho lo stesso problema ma solo il mcdu primario diventa nero totale !!!! E per il mcdu ho spinto in alto il pulsante di alimentazione e pulsante pulsante luce bianca "ALTN" Prima nel pulsante "FAULT" hmmm .... questo non va bene perché il pulsante quando vola rimane spento non so perché il pulsante dimmi FAULT https://www.google.it/search?q=ac+ess+feed&prmd=sniv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwji4LPz0KfgAhXQKVAKHafvCvEQ_AUoA3oECAwQAw&biw=412&bih=718#imgrc=uoTHJy7Yado7oM

today during my last flight about 20 minutes before landing, for the second time it switched off mcdu primary, I noticed that mcdu has turned off after turning on the button placed on the overhead "AC ESS FEED" in FAULT mode completely autonomously , after clicking it is back in ALTN mode immediately after mcdu has reacquired mmm ... in a normal flight the button AC ESS FEED should remain off no in FAULT OR ALTN so I think the problem is this?????

• 4 weeks later...

Hello 

I experienced the same problem with the Airbus A319, both with the CFM and IAE variants. I have Windows 10 up to date, also I use the 1.2.3.0 version of the planes in Prepar3D 4.4.

My first problem occurred last week with the A319 IAE while descending into SEQM. Today I had the same problem with the A319 CFM while descending into MHTG. Is important to mention that in both cases the issue appeared a few minutes after starting the descent. When reaching the top of descent I descend in DES mode, a few seconds before the problem appeared I changed to OP DES mode.

Unfortunately because of this I didn't have any successful flight with the A319 in any variant yet. I have flown the A320 with CFM and IAE without problems. Also I have flown the A321 CFM with no issues. I haven't tried the A318 or the A321 IAE yet. 

Operating System: WIN10 Pro, 64-bit

Simulator version: P3Dv4.4, complete Updated

Airbus version:  1.2.3.2

Add-ons in use: Aerosoft A318/A319, some Orbx scenerys , ActiveSky for P3D

System specs: Intel, I7-5930K, 3.5GHz,  16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX1080,  P3D installed on M.2 SSD, no overclocking

Description of the issue:
Airbus A318/A319:

Since the installation of the experimental update 1.2.3.2 the tendency to the complete failure of all electrical systems and engines has increased - At least with me.
Three of 5 flights failed completely. Twice with the A318 (line up, climb) once with the A319 (cruise). 

All flight online VATSIM with vPilot.

In the past I saw this Problem also in rare cases with the QW787, Digital Design CRJ´s and also with the P3Dv4 own Lockheed C130. 

Are you able to reproduce the issue? No, is unpredictable

If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?
This happened on different phases during flight, at time more often during climb

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):
Seems not to be relevant due over different Continents - Europe, Caribian, Nordamerika

Gruß, Wolfgang 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the report Wolfgang!

Could you please enable logging for your flight and when the issue happens next time, paste the logs here. That would really help us. Thanks!

Hello.

I'm having troubles with A318-321. First when I try to fly Airbuses they wasn't in my library so i reinstalled all of them, then I install my textures and tried to fly, all start fine but when I started my taxi the engines shut down by they selves, the second time happen the same so I reinstall again but with out textures, I took the Airbus A320 with a default texture and did the flight again, all was going well until my descend, the engines shut down again so I start the APU in flight, engines run again but my flightplan dissapear from MCDU so I insert it again, and again the engines shut down, then start the engines for 3rd time but speed was too low so I crash. What's happening? Fps was fine, weather wasn't extreme, all other planes works greats, It had happened before but not continuously as tonight. What should I do?

Prepar3D v4.4

GTX 1060 3GB

12 GB RAM

Aerosoft Professional v1.2.3.0

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks Manuel for the video. There seems to be some kind of werid lag spike just before the shutdown happens. Could you also please enable logging and send them here the next time it happens.

Update from Jan 29th -

I.m not flying a lot at recently , only had one occurrence since  last time.(okay one to many).  Unfortunately seems a very intermittent problem for me! I,ve resolved if it gets too much on my nerves then I would buy a different one (for tranquility).

The following i came across, I hope is received with the lightness it is intended. 🙂

Aircraft Accident Report 2/2008 - Airbus A319-131, G-EUOB, 22 October 2005

Formal Report AAR 2/2008. Report on the serious incident to Airbus A319-131, registration G-EUOB, during the climb after departure from London Heathrow Airport on 22 October 2005.

As the aircraft climbed to Flight Level (FL) 200 in night Visual Meteorological Conditions (VMC) with autopilot and autothrust engaged, there was a major electrical failure. This resulted in the loss or degradation of a number of important aircraft systems. The crew reported that both the commander’s and co-pilot’s Primary Flight Displays (PFD) and Navigation Displays (ND) went blank, as did the upper ECAM1 display. The autopilot and autothrust systems disconnected, the VHF radio and intercom were inoperative and most of the cockpit lighting went off. There were several other more minor concurrent failures.

The commander maintained control of the aircraft, flying by reference to the visible night horizon and the standby instruments, which were difficult to see in the poor light. The co-pilot carried out the abnormal checklist actions which appeared on the lower ECAM display; the only available electronic flight display. Most of the affected systems were restored after approximately 90 seconds, when the co-pilot selected the AC Essential Feed switch to Alternate (‘ALTN’). There were no injuries to any of the 76 passengers or 6 crew. After the event, and following discussions between the crew and the operator’s Maintenance Control, the aircraft continued to Budapest.

------------------------------

It was not possible to determine the cause of the incident due to a lack of available evidence, however, nine additional Safety Recommendations are made in this report.

Typical isnt it!! 

Best Wishes to all.

Archived