VOR LOC or APP mode isnt working on DC8 last rev / P3D4.4

Eduard Gasull

I can´t intercept any single radial that i command. for example, today departing from Bilbao form runway 30. set radial 313 of blv the first step of my sid. Take off with autopilot of, then intercept by hand the radial, the set autopilot on and then set vor loc mode  (the switch radio/ins was set to radio)  instead of following that radial the plane start to turn left to the other side because of no reason. Then later all, start Orbis 1z arrival on LEMD Madrid. was flying with the ins switch set and nav/aux mode set. at 8 miles of Orbis, set the first step of the arrival to intercept radial 106 of SIE so put the radial 106 o sie chance to radio switch and change to vor loc. At this moment, the logical movement of the airplane was to turn to the left (was following course 186). So at 5 miles of Orbis, and at 5 miles to intercept radial 106 at course 186, the plane didn't turn to the left, it turns to the opposite way. To the right but with no sense and then start to  follow course 200 straight ahead by the face because the plane thought  that it was the best course to follow at that moment

So I had to fly manually the sid and the star

then on the approach,  when I was on final approach about to intercept ILS 18R of Madrid with course 186 (was flying course 177 from SIE vor). I set autopilot on again. Set 186 course and the ils freq, set the app mode and the plane didn't capture the localizer. 

So what's going on? that plane has always worked perfect to me, but since I updated to p3d 4.4 (cleans install form cero) and installed the last rev of DC8 c(lean install from 0) its is impossible to fly with vor loc or make an ILS 

Please help!

• Developer

I am away from my computer for two weeks so there is not much I can do until I return home. But I can say the autopilot code wasn't changed and no one else is reporting this problem so it may be unique to your setup. Also, are you sure the autopilot and radios were turned on? Has the problem persisted in subsequent flights? Did you have some other flight loaded before loading the DC8?

On 1/28/2019 at 9:30 PM, Michael2 said:

I am away from my computer for two weeks so there is not much I can do until I return home. But I can say the autopilot code wasn't changed and no one else is reporting this problem so it may be unique to your setup. Also, are you sure the autopilot and radios were turned on? Has the problem persisted in subsequent flights? Did you have some other flight loaded before loading the DC8?

didn't fly again. let's see this weekend! its wear because i have made a fresh install of all in the same system (and nothing has changed on my system except the fresh install of all the sim) and before of that, and the previous version has been worked perfectly.  to all the questions you made. the answer is yes. except for the problem persist in the subsequent flight did not try anymore.

12 hours ago, AAC47 said:

Hi Eduard.....

Strange problem You have..

I made a departure BIO-LEBB SID RWY 30

I flew exactly the way You described and all was as expected.

I did this:

1. Start-UP P3 D 4.4

2. Load Scanair DC-8

3 LEBB RW 30

4. Select 30 LBS and clear all lights on F/E panel+ Fuel pumps ON

5. 115,90 BLV/ Radial 313

6. Then T/O the way You described

Question: Could You fly radial just using Turn Knob...??

Please login to display this image.

i can´t see the picture please repost in JPG format. Thanks for the support, no I flew manually the sid and the start with no autopilot. flying manually the aircraft (of course with the instruments). The INS nav works perfectly. The problem is to fly with the radio mode. The autopilot doesn't capture the radials

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem either.  

One thing comes to mind -- were you using the first officer's HSI? NAV2 won't drive the autopilot -- only NAV1.  Another possibility -- are you manually turning so as to intercept the radial before engaging VOR/LOC?   The autopilot won't make the intercept unless you are flying toward the radial. 

Can you confirm that the needle on the HSI is moving as it should and the problem is only that the autopilot isn't carrying out the intercept? 

I wanted to test this (intercepting a localizer) -- so I flew from Bogota, Colombia to Panama City, Panama last night.   I was able to intercept the ILS at Panama.

Maybe you are trying to intercept at too great an angle?  Sometimes I help it by reducing my intercept angle to much less (using heading mode to get close, the switching over to LOC).

Archived