Engine anti ice "confusing" the plane

thenewbpilot

I've noticed this a few times already but couldn't find anything in the forums about it. When using anti ice autothrust will continously spool the engines up and down. I've only noticed this during descent and it makes it very hard to keep up with the speed and calculated descent profile when autothrust can't decide what to do. As soon as engine anti ice is turned off autothrust works as it should. Is this a known issue at all?

28 minutes ago, thenewbpilot said:

I've noticed this a few times already but couldn't find anything in the forums about it. When using anti ice autothrust will continously spool the engines up and down. I've only noticed this during descent and it makes it very hard to keep up with the speed and calculated descent profile when autothrust can't decide what to do. As soon as engine anti ice is turned off autothrust works as it should. Is this a known issue at all?

Thanks for the report.  I'll take a look at this a little later today.

Can you please share which specific aircraft (A319 CFM?  A319IAE?  A320CFM?  etc.) and which version of the software you have (Example: 1.2.2.1)?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

6 minutes ago, thenewbpilot said:

The aircraft used was A320 CFM and I'm currently on version 1.2.2.0

Thanks for the additional information. 

I will take a look at this today.

Thanks again for the report and the additional information!

I tested twice today, and could not replicate this behavior.  The only engine fluctuations I witnessed were commensurate with speed and altitude based on the STARs I was flying.

Unfortunately I'm on a different version than you are, but fortunately I flew the 1.2.2.1 version for many weeks and never experienced this.  But if you are then even more fortunate is the update I'm currently on isn't too far away so if what you're experiencing is not speed/altitude related then I would use Open Descent until the coming update.

My very best wishes.

Archived