bryank1988

Autopilot will not fly an approach

I'm on the latest version and I've been having this issue since the very beginning of this aircraft. With the correct course, heading, frequency and being in NAV1 mode my autopilot will want to turn the aircraft hard left when in APPR mode. I will be exactly on the localizer but it doesn't seem to register with the autopilot. When hand flying the FD also wants a hard left turn. The glide slope seems to have a hard time capturing as well. I'm very familiar with how this system is supposed to work as I am an aircraft technician in real life and something just isn't adding up here. I tried flying the ILS 16R into Denver this morning and the autopilot just won't cooperate. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hmmmm, I'll have to try another flight to see, but that might be what's happening. Sometimes it wants to go right and sometimes it goes left. Is there a fix if that's the case?

I had a similar problem with an upgraded P3D 4.4 a while ago. Everything was set correctly, all values were right, but still the aircraft would simply turn to 0 degrees heading instead of going anywhere near the localizer course. I tried a lot of things but ended up with a clean P3D 4.4 install which finally fixed it.

Wow, that's a bummer. I don't want to have to reinstall all of my addons again. I'm still on 4.3 so do you think upgrading to 4.4 would help?

Has another option been found to correct this error.  Reinstalling an otherwise operational sim is not an ideal solution.