Autopilot will not fly an approach

I'm on the latest version and I've been having this issue since the very beginning of this aircraft. With the correct course, heading, frequency and being in NAV1 mode my autopilot will want to turn the aircraft hard left when in APPR mode. I will be exactly on the localizer but it doesn't seem to register with the autopilot. When hand flying the FD also wants a hard left turn. The glide slope seems to have a hard time capturing as well. I'm very familiar with how this system is supposed to work as I am an aircraft technician in real life and something just isn't adding up here. I tried flying the ILS 16R into Denver this morning and the autopilot just won't cooperate. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

• Developer

I had a similar problem with an upgraded P3D 4.4 a while ago. Everything was set correctly, all values were right, but still the aircraft would simply turn to 0 degrees heading instead of going anywhere near the localizer course. I tried a lot of things but ended up with a clean P3D 4.4 install which finally fixed it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happened to me, so I tried an approach and just let it go where it wanted to go. It tried to re-join the FMS course to the Initial Approach Fix. So I tried something... I have "Ctrl + N" mapped to change the nav source from GPS/NAV. So I hit it, and the airplane turned around and hooked up on the ILS just fine. Nothing changed on the PFD- LOC and GS still active, except now it works.

So maybe try loading a default aircraft first, then making sure you're in NAV mode, then loading the CRJ? That's what I did, and it seems to be working.

• Developer

GPS/NAV... wow. I never thought of that, but it makes sense as the autopilot doesn't get any ILS data in GPS mode.

I'll add a line that automatically switches it to NAV on loading.

6 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

GPS/NAV... wow. I never thought of that, but it makes sense as the autopilot doesn't get any ILS data in GPS mode.

I'll add a line that automatically switches it to NAV on loading.

Is this something that should be in a present update, or something coming?

Archived