False FOB indication

Meese

There's a few threads on this already, but I thought I'd make a new one for simpleness' sake. I decided to cut a flight short yesterday, making a save enroute to GCLP on cruise, and disabled the DEF aircraft state before I shut down the sim. This morning I picked it back up, and loading the save was happily successful, all systems correctly in whatever state and with whatever data they'd had yesterday evening (except the chronometer, but that's to be expected). After a (hard) landing and shutdown, I took a look at the flight log printout, and finally noticed that the FOB had been stuck since 1 hour before landing (the time at which my savefile was made), as the printout was reading the true fuel state while the FOB was doing it's own thing. I've added whatever log files I found, two screenshots, and the savefiles used in two zip archives attached, in the hope t hat this should help n arrowing down the cause.

Prepar3D v4 Files.zip

AS319 fuel.zip

Coincidentally, on setting up the return leg now, I've loaded 13800kgs. On INIT page 2, clicking the block fuel LSK to bring up the actual fuel shows me 12.6, while the third MCDU, the FOB and P3D's fuel&payload all agree the number is 13.8. Interestingly, 12.6 seems to be a rounding error away from having full wing tanks and nothing in the centre tank. This could mean nothing at all, of course, but it's an oddity I thought worth mentioning.

24 minutes ago, Meese said:

1.2.2.1, P3D v4.3, Win10

Can you also tell us which particular Airbus you were flying (A319CFM or A319IAE)? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

319 CFM, fuel and payload loaded instantly via 3rd MCDU (only on ground, not redone airborne after loading save). Flight was first leg since restart, no slew or change after default F22 was positioned on stand and A319 loaded. Cold and Dark state loaded as DEF. Fuel/payload was not revisited or checked after loading save file, as MCDU 1&2 and ECAMs showed expected values on load.

PS., there are posts on the forum where I mention changing cfg files for camera/view reasons, however no such changes has been made. All files are as per clean install plus updater, no extra liveries installed or other changes made.

3 minutes ago, Meese said:

319 CFM, fuel and payload loaded instantly via 3rd MCDU (only on ground, not redone airborne after loading save). Flight was first leg since restart, no slew or change after default F22 was positioned on stand and A319 loaded. Cold and Dark state loaded as DEF. Fuel/payload was not revisited or checked after loading save file, as MCDU 1&2 and ECAMs showed expected values on load.

PS., there are posts on the forum where I mention changing cfg files for camera/view reasons, however no such changes has been made. All files are as per clean install plus updater, no extra liveries installed or other changes made.

Thanks for the info!

I will do my best to look at this today, but knowing what I have ahead of me for the next few days it might have to wait until the first part of the week... but I've put it on my To Do List so it will get done! 

Thanks again for the report and additional information!

Archived