Runway numbers at Porto Santo in Madeira Evolution X

westbros

Hi. I have a question about the runway numbers at LPPS Porto Santo. I have the latest Madeira scenery, and in the simulator (P3D v4.3) the runway markings are 18/36, which is correct. However when selecting Madeira in P3D the runways offered are 01/19, which is out of date. I have recently installed fsAerodata to correct all of the out of date navaids, airport codes etc in the legacy P3D database. Even after installing the latest fsAerodata cycle (which runs concurrently with Navigraph AIRAC cycles) P3D is still offering 01/19. I have already posted on the fsAerodata forum, and they don't understand why this is happening because the data for LPPS should show 18/36. I have uninstalled and reinstalled fsAerodata, but this hasn't rectified the  issue. Note that fsAerodata affects only the default database, not 3rd party addons. I have moved the fsAerodata scenery.cfg entries so that they sit below Madeira Evolution X, but I am still getting 01/19. 

Please could somebody advise which runway numbers I should be offered when selecting LPPS with the Madeira scenery? If the scenery still offers 01/19 instead of 18/36, this needs to be corrected. As I said, the runway markings in the scenery are up to date. 

Many thanks. 

Adrian

I have checked my AFCAD file and it stated 18/36 so is correct. Would it be possible that you have another AFCAD with a higher priority causing this? Like UTLive?

No. I currently have no AI traffic. My PC is only 6 months old and all I have on it is P3D plus addons. I have no previous sceneries covering Madeira/Porto Santo. In case this is relevant I do have ORBX Global Base, Vector and open LC Europe (not sure Madeira is covered by open LC Europe anyway). How can I check my AFCAD? 

Adrian

I know where the LPPS/LPMA files are in ORBX, because these all have to be removed or deactivated because of the mesh issue. However what do you mean about an "enhancement in Vector". And how do I read .bgl files anyway? 

The AFCAD file for LPPS is presumably AF2_LPPS.bgl? How do I know which runways are in this?

Adrian

by "enhancement" i meant some slightly enhanced airports with a few ORBX objects and a ORBX AFCAD file

the file for LPPS is "APT_LPPS.bgl" - I had a look, it Rwy 01/19 🙂 - if you have the AS scenery just change the extension to .OFF and you are rid of it - but be careful - with an update via the control center it may "reapear".

to look into or change AFCAD files look after the free Airport Design Editor (ADE) - a very useful tool also to adapt AI parking to the ever changing world

I have already moved APT_LPPS.bgl out of the scenery folder so it I invisible, as this is one of the files that causes the mesh problems. So all I have is the Aerosoft scenery. Are you saying that the Aerosoft AFCAD is showing runways as 18/36?

Adrian

yep! the AS AFCAD for Porto Santo is AF2_LPPS,bgl and shows 18/36 - 01/19 is the default P3D AFCAD.

are you shure that the scenery in the "PortoSantoXEvolution" folder is activated in the library and it contains an AF2_LPPS.bgl in /Scenery? - no offence, but I'm running out of ideas

Sorry for being late...

I checked my system (P3Dv4 / Madeira Evo) - Runway selection in the Scenerio menu ist really 01/19 - scenerey AFCAD is 18/36.

I dug a bit deeper - the approaches in the scenery AFCAD are on rwy 01/19!! - may this way the dev tried to be compatible with the default ATC using the default rwy designation for the approaches

I checked my AFCAD file for LPPS (latest version) by using ADE. It states under "Runway": 36/18 but under "Starts" there you find 19/01. This can be easily fixed by yourself using the ADE tool. I did this some days ago. I don't know if it is allowed, to pin the "revised" file hier as it may be the property of Aerosoft.

Thanks for your replies Jürgen and Bernhard. I am glad to see that the problem is not with my system, but is a "characteristic" of the Aerosoft scenery. I can now explain the cause of the issue on the fsAerodata forum. 

Adrian

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, BT318 said:

I checked my AFCAD file for LPPS (latest version) by using ADE. It states under "Runway": 36/18 but under "Starts" there you find 19/01. This can be easily fixed by yourself using the ADE tool. I did this some days ago. I don't know if it is allowed, to pin the "revised" file hier as it may be the property of Aerosoft.

You can upload that file here in the forum.

vor 1 hour , BT318 sagte:

good finding - I forgot about those "starting points" as I don't use them often

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, BT318 said:

Here is my file - please rename the original file  "AF2_LPPS.bgl"  into "AF2_LPPS.xxx" and copy the attached file into the scenery folder of Porto Santo.

LPPS_ADEP4_ADE.bgl

Thanks, added it to the hotfix list

Archived