Current Europier Situation at EGLL

rzlpfrmpf

Hi Aerosoft Team,

I have a question regarding the Mega Airport London Heathrow Professional. I´m aware you can switch off the europier building if you want. But: There is a completely differen situation now. The Europier does not exist anymore, but there is sand now. No taxiway. I know you´ll soon be able to taxi through, but when and will we have sand at EGLL by Aerosoft?

Plus: Not only the Europier has been torn down but also the Terminal 1 piers. So there are no positions left and the Terminal 1 Apron consists of sand as well. So in the west of taxiway Kilo talking about the part which is in the north of the position, the europier was located, is sand only. 

And there are some remote positions now: 

209R, 209, 209L as well as 210R, 210 and 210L

And that´s the point. I think everybody would be happy to have the present real life situation available in sim as well cause the Terminal 1 Apron does simply not exist anymore at least the major part of it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
20 minutes ago, rzlpfrmpf said:

I think everybody would be happy to have the present real life situation available in sim

Yes, sure everybody would be happy, but this is simply impossible. At such huge airports there are permanently constructions going on and the face of the airport changes every 6 month. So even when a dev decides to update the existing addon, he has to freeze the development at a certain point to get finished, and when he is finished after 3-6 month, the addon will again be outdated.

But maybe, if you and lets say 5000 other users are willing to pay for a yearly 40 Euro subscription and commit to do so for 3 years, somebody might taken this burden and start such a project.

I suppose it would be easier to "add some sand" (just at an obstacle to prevent taxiing from north to south) in the place of the old europier than cleanly remove the T1 pier

Archived