Brakes and rudder on the Cat don't work

Fsimmer99

Before and after installing the update v1.22 of the PBY Catalina, I noticed that the brake pedals do not move. Also the rudder does not show any movement when putting the brake pedals forward and backward (and when looking to the tail outside the aircraft). Kindly request your support on this issue.

I went looking for a cause. In the manual on page 139, a rudder lock is mentioned to be used to prevent the rudder from damage caused by wind when the aircraft is left unattended. So I thought that the rudder was locked and had to be unlocked before able to operate the pedals.The Aerosoft model does not have such a rudder lock, however there is a rudder trim knob at the back panel. So I gave that knob a twist and saw then that the brake pedals moved again. I'm not sure that this solved the problem. It's also posiible that the simulation was paused without realizing this....Nevertheless now I'm able to start and land straight on again!

Archived