Constant flickering in flight deck

mleuck

I have constant flickering while in the flight deck. If I move the mouse into the view, the flickering stops. There is no flickering outside the flight deck.

Anyone else have this issue? Are there any suggestions or fixes?

Thank you

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello mleuck,

What kind of flickering is it? Are you able to provide a video or something about it? Your description is very broad and it's hard to say what could be causing this.

Some computer (and monitor) specs could also become handy.

The flickering is just that. It is not a smooth visual, but rather a constant flickering of the image while the mouse is out of the frame. There is no flickering when outside the flight deck. P3dv4.4 is not being run on a laptop and I have no flickering issues with any other add on aircraft (PMDG, FSLabs, CS etc). I did notice if I drop down the FPS, things calm down.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is a problem with win10 and p3d.

If you rightclick the prepar3d.exe and under compatibility there is a option optimize fullscreen. Disable it.

Is the flickering just the panel lights? I have the same graphics card running in SLI and there is a very known bug with RealLight that causes the flicker. If you are running in two cards in SLI, that will cause it.

Scott

@mleuck Do you have a black flickering for let's say 2-3 times per second? I If yes, I had the same issue. I could solve it, but I don't know if it was rolling back to 1.2.2.1 after having serious problems with 1.2.2.2 or it was a Windows thing and a Windows Update in the background fixed it for me.

While having the flickering issue, I found out, that the flickering dissappeared when setting the P3D frame locker from "unlimited" to 60 for example.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for sharing, mleuck.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived