Checklist Function

Hello,

it happens from time to time that the checklist function is blocked until the end of the flight and can no longer be activated. Sometimes I'm to blame because I skipped a step, but sometimes not.
I try to find out what I did wrong and can not activate it again.
This can also be in a wrong order.
There are so many examples.
1. Landing with manual boost - too much thrust activates the Go Arround feature, but no Go Arround is intended.
2. Before the T-off is not confirmed with 1 that I have switched the lighting in the overhead panel correctly.
I can not use the checklist anymore.
It's as if the co-pilot jumped out the window, he just is not there anymore.
Please take care of the next update, that I can activate the checklist of the co-pilot by hand again in the right place, even if I forgot something.
There should then be in the decision of the pilot,
but not the program.
So far, only the flight without co-pilot function will help
(Checklist - manual control) to fly to the end.
Greeting
CFG874 Bernd

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Bernd,

if you p. e. use during the flight "1" on the keyboard the CL is stopped. You cannot start it again because the CL needs a clear aircraft state and the equivalent settings to start again which then is not the case. If you also use other programs like GSX, AS or ProATCX (which use numbers from the keyboard) always make the selection from their options window with the mouse or disable the HOTKEY function in the MCDU 3 OPTIONS CL menu. This might be the reason for your problems that suddenly the CL stops working.

What I do not understand is you are writing that you make the light settings on the OH before TO by yourself and want that the copilot confirms this? Then why you use the copilot at all? This is the normal CL feature e. g. you are making the settings and the copilot just checks and confirms. If you prefer to make the settings yourself then switch the copilot just off. 

And last regarding GA: If I remember it right the CL GA function is based on the FMA display and it if states MAN TOGA then also the GA CL starts. This is absolutely correct and I do not see a way to change this e.g. if you afterwards set the throttle back (after your mistake) to stop the CL GA and to set it back to a normal landing. I am not able to implement a solution to all user mistakes. If I am wrong and the CL GA starts earlier than MAN TOGA is displayed on the FMA make a screen shot of the complete cockpit exactly at that moment and I will have a look.

To "keenrw" who hijacked this thread: What are you p. e. missing after gear up? Even in RL there is no MCDU DECEL point calculated and displayed on the ND and no 2nd Approach CL! You have to do everything by yourself but there should be another FINAL CL when descending below 2000 feet.......  If you still have problems please open a new thread and explain in detail your situation and what happened.

Regards,

Rolf 

Hello Hanse,
It's not about an error in the checklist, but that I'm making a mistake and forgetting something.
I set all the buttons and switches for the T-off correctly and I just do not call the checklist for the T-off with the 1 on.
If I do not work it off and still take my take off, because I did almost all sincerely, I can not call a checklist later.
CFG874 Bernd

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Bernd,

as already said, we are not able to consider in the CL every mistake a user makes. In your special case I can only suggest that you use the INFOBAR. The message there reminds you that the BEFORE TAKEOFF CL is still "open" ........

Regards,

Rolf

• 2 weeks later...

hallo Rolf,

i would also like to interfere on this subject...

On 22.1.2019 at 17:34, Hanse sagte:

You cannot start it again because the CL needs a clear aircraft state and the equivalent settings to start again which then is not the case

On 22.1.2019 at 17:34, Hanse sagte:

I am not able to implement a solution to all user mistakes

in real life any checklist can be (wrongly ) processed at any time, even if it makes no sense.

A fixed sequence, based on all actions being executed in the right order and at the right time, is desirable and useful.

However, in simulation-practice (for whatever reason) it still happens sometimes that the "due" checklist is not selectable (why, can usually no longer be understood). 

This means that you actually have to cancel the flight, which is annoying and actually not necessary.

i would therefore suggest to add a "only programmed checklist"- switch to the checklist options, which is set to ON on the program side (for example for beginners etc.) 

anyone who wants can then deselect it and let any checklist run at any time (whether it makes sense or not, the user must decide for himself). of course the checklist procedure should remain active as well

thus both above-mentioned problems would be solved and would be suitable for all parties involved.

Gruß

Robert

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your proposal might be useful from your point of view but it can not be realized as any action needs fixed parameters prior to be fulfilled. And just to read the checklist also makes no sense. If you just want that, then use the documentation e.g. the flight tutorial where all checklist and items are explained.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived