NDB with .5 in frequency?

MikeDF

I tried an NDB ils approach to rwy 30 at Cardiff this evening and found I could not tune the NDB in the Twin Otter as there is a 0.5 in its frequency. Is there an update or fix for this?

Mike

Thanks, that's interesting Mathijs.  I suppose in real life ATC provide vectors to the ils, or GPS is used. Odd for a plane that operates in some pretty remote airfields though.

Was there not a hot fix for this? I think my ADF radio cycles between the 0 and 0.5 frequency by itself as a workaround. In other words, you tune the whole frequency and then if you watch the radio it cycles between the two values every half-second or so.

2 hours ago, MikeDF said:

Hi Mark, I've just realised who you are.  I have enjoyed watching your videos on the Twin Otter; fantastic cockpit.

Regards, Mike

Hah, thanks! I have tried to attach the hotfix zip file here. This is not my work, it is just a saved copy of the official hotfixes that used to be posted here.

Hotfix1-3_Complete.zip

Thanks for that Mark. This is just copied over the the existing panel directory in \Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL, or any of the other types; replacing any files prompted?

Thanks

Mike

I bought your book a while ago, I must dig it out again now i've started to fly this again.

1 hour ago, MikeDF said:

Thanks for that Mark. This is just copied over the the existing panel directory in \Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL, or any of the other types; replacing any files prompted?

Yes, I think so. But maybe make a copy your existing folders first just to be sure. BTW I have seen reference to a hotfix 4, so I hope that's not the one you need :(

Good job on the book ;)

Archived