Totally disabling view system?

molleh

I know in the settings MCDU you can disable the view bar system, but the default shortcuts like F9, F10, F11, F12 are still controlled by Aerosoft... is there a way to fully, 100% disable the view system including those shortcuts?

I'm sorry, but I don't recall that our coding set parameters for the F keys. Can you please check the keys you noted inside P3D and see if they are simply coded there?  If so, you can disable them in P3D.

What may have been done is that we tied the custom Camera Definitions to other default views (as most aircraft developers do) and it's the F keys bound (binded) to the default that is tying up the keys.  I know this doesn't seem straight forward, but it's how things are often done.  So again, disabling the bindings in P3D should free up those keys for you.  Of course if this is the case, then those F keys will then not work in other aircraft either.

Let me know how you make out?

Best wishes!

15 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't recall that our coding set parameters for the F keys. Can you please check the keys you noted inside P3D and see if they are simply coded there?  If so, you can disable them in P3D.

What may have been done is that we tied the custom Camera Definitions to other default views (as most aircraft developers do) and it's the F keys bound (binded) to the default that is tying up the keys.  I know this doesn't seem straight forward, but it's how things are often done.  So again, disabling the bindings in P3D should free up those keys for you.  Of course if this is the case, then those F keys will then not work in other aircraft either.

Let me know how you make out?

Best wishes!

Hi Dave,

I'm just talking about the default P3D view keys. F9 is virtual cockpit, F10 is 2D cockpit, F11 is locked spot and F12 is, I think, top down view. Only the Aerosoft Airbus overrides those default key presses. I think, from back when I had the bundle in FSX, there was an xml file in the Airbus systems folder that controlled all of that.

5 minutes ago, molleh said:

Hi Dave,

I'm just talking about the default P3D view keys. F9 is virtual cockpit, F10 is 2D cockpit, F11 is locked spot and F12 is, I think, top down view. Only the Aerosoft Airbus overrides those default key presses. I think, from back when I had the bundle in FSX, there was an xml file in the Airbus systems folder that controlled all of that.

I'll take another look.  I don't use the Aerosoft Airbus Pro view system... can you tell me what views are being called by the F keys you mentioned?

I came across this in a thread somewhere, about how to get the default P3D F Key views back:

"F9, F10, F11, F12 key assignment

The following is for FSX:

The standard view commands of FSX are slightly altered when you run the Airbus X. If you prefer the standard assignment you need to edit the aircraft.cfg. Those views were already part of the Airbus X. To “delete” those F9 to F12 views, the aircraft.cfg has to be changed e.g. just delete the lines “Hotkeyselect” = 1 to 4 in CAMERADEFINITION.000 -  CAMERADEFINITION.003 - CAMERADEFINITION.004 – and CAMERADEFINITION.005.

For P3Dv4.3 – Aerosoft Airbus Professional:

Remark out the “Hotkeyselect” for Camera definitions 003 & 004  (07.22.2018)"

Hope this helps,

Scott

^This is the solution, and I'd like to note my bafflement on the philosophy of changing the function of elementary view key assignments without having it as an option in config/installer or at least mention somewhere what's going on.

Then you have to do it after every update I guess. 

A good way to go for Aerosoft may be to implement a simple selection in the config editor for the sake of customers, that alters the A/C config files.

Every manual file update is a risk for unforeseen issues.

This is true, but also a necessity when someone messes with my muscle memory actions linked to operating basic functions in the sim. Would definitely be happy to see a config option.

Archived