Critical Error

SidStarz

I just installed the program and updated to v1.8.5. I will go ahead and reinstall to restore the manual that I deleted.

I was wondering why the manual(s) are so important in this program that it is set to generate a Critical Error?  

I would think that this is coded in but a manual.............😕

#################################################################################################################################
1/16/2019 8:37:56 PM START     PROGRAM             SIMstarter NG - Started.
#################################################################################################################################
1/16/2019 8:37:56 PM INFO      PROGRAM             Version: v1.8.5 (rev. 5)
1/16/2019 8:37:56 PM INFO      PROGRAM             RunAsAdministrator: True
1/16/2019 8:37:56 PM INFO      PROGRAM             Computername: xxxxxxxxxxxx
1/16/2019 8:37:56 PM INFO      PROGRAM             Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise (64bit)
1/16/2019 8:37:56 PM INFO      PROGRAM             Installed Path: D:\Aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/16/2019 8:37:56 PM FAIL      PROGRAM             CRITICAL ERROR: Important file(s) or folder(s) not found:
1/16/2019 8:37:56 PM FAIL      PROGRAM             < D:\Aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\\manual\manual_DE.pdf >

• Developer

Strange. I would perform a reinstall of SIMstarter NG, because it is very unusual that files are missing. Don't know what else is missing, therefore please run the Setup again.

I did a reinstall and all is well.

Still learning and getting the app set up to my liking.

Not a big deal but I did notice that you cannot change under "Program Settings-General Path Settings-Path to Scenery editor and Path to Texteditor" from "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe" to use a different editing app.

I normally use Notepad ++ to do my editing. If I change the settings I get an error message.

If you set it back to notepad, it works.

Please login to display this image.

Archived