Checklist stop responding

GaryMcCl

Hi

Quick question. There are times where I don't start the checklist that I should be - just before I get on the runway. It's very simple, b but I just forget! 😕

The problem with it is that when you miss out any bits of a checklist, you don't seem to be able to go back to the checklist menu and tell the system that you want to start doing checklists from now - then you would be able to pick up on where you left off. 

If that checklists menu is there for another reason - what's that? 

Thanks, Gaz 

Hello Gary!  I hope you are doing well my friend.

I don't use the Copilot or Checklist so I don't stay up to date on updates.  But I think I can still answer your question.

The checklist is designed to be fairly exclusive, so you either use it from the beginning or you don't.  This is because the checklist and associated Copilot are tools designed to help new Airbus pilots become familiar with the basic operations on a step by step basis and in that respect it helps to think of it as linear, so if there is a break in the checklist then it simply can't go forward or for the most part catch up.

It will never be an artificially intelligent system that can figure out where you are in the flight.  If you're looking for something similar to that, I would try FS2Crew.

Best wishes!

Hi Dave - good to hear from again.  To be honest, again, I haven't able to use P3D for such a long time, but I'm trying to get  into it again.

Regarding this issue, I don't think I described the issue properly - but you seemed to have picked up on it really well.  I think there are parts all systems that people want to use - and parts they don't. For example, I often often get a response from someone saying they don't like to use ATC (and surely that means it's not exactly a 'simulator' any more, since it's a principal part of flying an aircraft?). In this case it seems that's the same if you have someone in the aircraft sitting next to you doing the checklist. In other words, it's one of these things where someone can say 'I love xyz, it means I have to do the horrible thing, abc, but I will, because I love xyz more than I hate abc!

Anyway, I'm rabbiting on about rubbish!

I take it that means that you won't be making it able to select 'INITIATE DECENT' checklist and automatically go through the settings required in the cockpit at that time?

Thanks, Gaz

Archived