Confused: Update 1.2.2.1 Experimental

UncleBen

Hi

My Aerosoft Updater is offering me update 1.2.2.1 Experimental, although I have unticked the option "Show available experimental udpates for my products". Now, is it experimental or not? Is this a mistake?

Thx and regards

Chris

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

1.2.2.1 was once experimental but is now the current base version. References to it being experimental you might see in posts are from before it was mainstreamed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm not sure why. Guess it needs an update too 😀.  Be that as it may, the post I included should be considered definitive. If you'd like a follow-up, may I suggest posting in the Updater forum (link here), since that question is not quite the same as your original one.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

15 hours ago, Herman said:

1.2.2.1 was once experimental but is now the current base version. References to it being experimental you might see in posts are from before it was mainstreamed.

The base version on the AS download page is still Version: 1.2.1.0 I have the same issue since updating from the updater. the FMGC showin 0.0 fuel at destination although there is plenty in the tanks  and no TOC or TOD showing in my flight plan.

cheers

Gerry

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 1/15/2019 at 2:14 AM, Gerry Scott said:

The base version on the AS download page is still Version: 1.2.1.0 I have the same issue since updating from the updater. the FMGC showin 0.0 fuel at destination although there is plenty in the tanks  and no TOC or TOD showing in my flight plan.

cheers

Gerry

I just redid mine using the instructions by Secondator here:

First, use only the Windows Control Panel/Programs and Features applet to delete your current version. If it's not there (mine was missing), then simply use the uninstaller in your Airbus folder. Never just delete folders to "uninstall". As you note, the current download from the store is 1.2.1.0. Do bear in mind the store download will almost certainly be a "dot" update or two behind current until we get past SP1.

You then use the Updater, after changing the configuration to NOT use experimental updates, to bring your installation up to 1.2.2.1. Here's what it should look like when you're done (I added the yellow markings to call attention to the key elements):

Please login to display this image.

With regard to your second question, please post it as an issue in the appropriate section of the forum. The lead question was about Updater version issues, while the fuel state issue you're seeing is unrelated to that.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived