LXGB Gibraltar Pro Terrain / Texture Issue

Jaksims

Hi,

Recently since a reinstall of my P3D setup i've been having a bit of bother with Gibraltar Pro.. 

The issue can be seen in this video clip: 

Version: 1.10, P3D V4.4

Worth mentioning that previously I had no issue with the scenery, and I don't know why it's doing this now. I've tried many things to troubleshoot, including disabling ORBX, searching for any clashing BGL files, reinstalling the product and so on, but with no luck.

Any advice / suggestions?

Cheers.

Hi, Attached is the screenshot of the scenery library. 

ORBX Global, OpenLC Europe & Vector are all at the bottom of the library.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

It looks like, that the base of the airport is not at the correct level anymore, so that the ground is flicker throw the ground of the scenery.

Please check in the Scenery Library at the base end, if there is a active entry on the lowest level called "Default Terrain" pointing to the Location "Scenery\World"

And check, if in the Folder <P3D>\Scenery\World\Scenery the file AFX_LXGB_ALT.bgl is exsiting and no other file with LXGB is there.

Can confirm the default terrain entry is where it should be, and the AFX_LXGB_ALT file is there also, but still the issue continues. I've even tried re-installing P3D scenery - but still no fix. Baffled.

So I've still had no luck with the scenery, and it continues to flicker like crazy. It seems that ground textures are popping through (from the scenery itself)

I've reinstalled both P3D, and Gibraltar - yet the issue continues. 

Other scenery I have works fine (including sim wings malaga, balaeric Isles, Heathrow, etc.) 

Is there any further way of diagnosing the issue, I really like flying into Gibraltar but its frustrating when the scenery is constantly glitching out. Thanks. 

Yes, the settings are as stated in the manual. However this is not an issue with P3D settings afaik.

Looking through older forum posts, the previous version of Gibraltar Pro had a similar issue, caused by the file "LXGB_OBJ-GROUND.BGL" When I disabled the file, there is no more flickering, but obviously part of the scenery is missing. So it seems the default scenery isn't cutting through per-se - but more of an issue with layering within the bgls..

I appreciate i'm probably one of the only people with this issue - but I hope to find a fix soon :P

PC specs - if it's relevant

i5 4690k

16GB RAM

GTX1080ti

P3D is installed on a 1tb SSD

(screenshot is with "LXGB_OBJ-GROUND.BGL" disabled)

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Yes but if the error is in the BGL's thousands of customers would have the issue would they now?

I have seen these issues a lot with customers with non-standard config's btw. Some tweaks that make the sim faster also make it more 'sloppy' with layers.

Interesting, I haven't adjusted my cfgs in anyway but maybe a 3rd party plugin has (pta possibly?) 

The only other way I found the flickering stopped was to lower mesh radius right down, but at that point the rock dissappears. 

Anyways, thanks for the help, I shall resolve this, even if it means doing a full reinstall of P3D.. 

Main thing I found odd is that only Gibraltar was affected, when I have a large number of other sceneries by the same developer, and other developers, which are fine. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
39 minutes ago, Jaksims said:

Interesting, I haven't adjusted my cfgs in anyway but maybe a 3rd party plugin has (pta possibly?) 

Could indeed be the case. Meanwhile we recommend not to use any shader tweaks, as they cause more and more problems in combination with wrong setting, HDR and DL in P3D.

• Developer
3 hours ago, Jaksims said:

Main thing I found odd is that only Gibraltar was affected, when I have a large number of other sceneries by the same developer, and other developers, which are fine. 

Gibratar is special, as the ground needs to build the complete area of the runway in 3D.

Attached a test replacement for the ground, maybe that helps to seperate it better from the Terrain blow. Simple replace it in the Scenery folder, don't forget to backup the original first

Test for Gibraltar Flicker Ground.zip

Ah, fair enough.

So I did a fresh reinstall this evening - fresh p3d, fresh Gibraltar, default generated cfgs, etc. No luck.

Tried the replacement BGL - and it appears to reduce the flickering slightly (less noticeable from inside the aircraft on t/o & landing, however still carries on if you view from external, particularly around Gate 5, and the end of RWY 09

odd.

• Developer
8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Guys,

I just installed, and I have the same exact problem.

It's not my system or settings, it's the scenery.

Did you test the Groundfile above? Or is it the default one?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so an update for you guys.

I've found what's causing it.

After also having similar flickering at Milan Malpensa (and googling to see if I could find a solution) - a fellow forum user mentioned that the way chaseplane cameras work, it changes the "ClipMode" in the cameras.cfg, and this is in fact what is causing the texture glitches. After changing the CM to "ClipMode=Normal" - the abnormalities have ceased. 

So as far as i'm concerned, this is now solved. 

Thanks again for the support, and all the amazing scenery! 

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived