Managed speed during climb v.1.2.2.2

zoltan.szamel

Please login to view this video.

I have a problem with the new version of Airbus Prof.

1. Spd/mach button doesn't work, you can not switch between the 2 values

2. Managed speed wrong calculation.

Please check the video!

Thx!

Please login to view this video.

25 minutes ago, Jose Zubillaga said:

friend I'm the same, it's useless, will there be money back?

Jose,

First, we're VERY sorry that this occurred and has affected you and several others.  As you must have deduced by now, this was not intentional. The update caused some unintended side affects.  Remember, this is software programming, and sometimes there are unintended side affects with changes. In fact, in the past 12 months it has happened with every single major developer of P3Dv4 flight sim aircraft, and the last few updates on a major product by one of the most respected high-end aircraft developer left them with more problems than what you're seeing with the Airbus.  It's simply the nature of the beast with flight sim software, and has been this way during my entire 36+ years in the flight sim community. Speaking as a rather seriously experienced technical program manager and technical quality control engineer, when I say it's the nature of the beast then you can trust that it is.

Now.. to resolve this, simply go back to the latest non-experimental update.  This brings me to another point... it's called an EXPERIMENTAL update for a very good reason.  If you're not willing to ensure a few bumps as we work towards Service Pack 1, then you might consider not using the Experimental updates my friend.  Asking for a refund because you're unhappy with an experimental update is just plain silly.  On top of that, you agreed to our non-refund policy for downloaded products when you purchased the product (on the purchase page).

Jose, we want you and all our deeply valued customers to be happy with your purchasing and products, and hope that you'll enjoy them for many years.  Again, this was on the Experimental side, and though we try very hard to avoid things like this (all aircraft developers do), they sometimes happen. Rest assured that we do our very best to learn from our mistakes, and we're always happy to apologize when we cause some disruption to our customers.

My very best wishes to you!

4 minutes ago, Jose Zubillaga said:

thank you, I know you are very serious and professional people, greetings

Thank you Jose!  That is a very nice thing to say.

Hang in there my friend!  We're working on this even as we speak!

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

things like this (all aircraft developers do), they sometimes happen.

Sometimes, really? In my opinion your product happen that all the time. Several uninstalls & installs... And most of the time it's a customers fault or our system fault or weather... You named. C'mon guys it's time to wake up really! 

2 minutes ago, MikaV said:

Sometimes, really? In my opinion your product happen that all the time. Several uninstalls & installs... And most of the time it's a customers fault or our system fault or weather... You named. C'mon guys it's time to wake up really! 

Well Mika, go and spend some time in the forums of PMDG, QualityWings, etc., and read the forums  You're education will only start there my friend.  See, one should always strive to get a complete understanding of a subject before attempting to wade into it, and you're just nowhere near ready to speak with anything other than supposition at this point, otherwise you wouldn't have even thought about making such a statement.  Come back and talk to me later, I accept apologies graciously.

My very best wishes!

I own QW products. And I really don't want apologies accept, because I never asked. 

I buy airbusses knowing it's not fully ready. After several updates your team says after problems, it's not affect this and that? But it really affects like customers says. Before releasing updates, tested it complete flights and several testers. Now we see several abnormalities. You testers don't? or is the latest update tested at all? 

Now I changes updater settings to not receive experimental updates at all.

I used 32 bit busses several years without problems, really wonder why this is so complex for the developers after good 32 bit busses. 

That's all

Wishing better times for the developers.

Regards:

Mika  

6 hours ago, MikaV said:

I own QW products. And I really don't want apologies accept, because I never asked. 

I buy airbusses knowing it's not fully ready. After several updates your team says after problems, it's not affect this and that? But it really affects like customers says. Before releasing updates, tested it complete flights and several testers. Now we see several abnormalities. You testers don't? or is the latest update tested at all? 

Now I changes updater settings to not receive experimental updates at all.

I used 32 bit busses several years without problems, really wonder why this is so complex for the developers after good 32 bit busses. 

That's all

Wishing better times for the developers.

Regards:

Mika  

Hey Mika,

I understand your point of view my friend. Back in 2008 I actually shared your perspective, only at the time it was about the PMDG 737NGX, and I shared it with them.  At the time I knew I was right, based on my past profession in which I helped manage billions of dollars of technological development.  Now, with 11 years working on the development side of our community I look back on what I said with more than a little bit of personal and professional embarrassment. 

When I wrote to PMDG back in 2008, I simply did not understand the overwhelming uniqueness of flight sim aircraft development. Now that I have a better understanding, I see things completely different.  For me to explain this, it would more like a book, one that few if any would ever read. But take my word for it, it's a challenge in every single area of our business to get such an incredible product to our customers at the low cost we sell it for.  If we raised the price to $120 USD, we could hire more people, but we'd still have to delay updates for months while we did the type of testing I used to manage and even then things could go wrong.  Just look at all the failed missile shots that occur in Armed Forces testing all over the world!

Now, development teams are human, people do make mistakes, and there is no doubt that we made one with this last Experimental update. But it was Experimental, not a standard update, and it was experimental for a reason... because it wasn't fully tested.  I think it's also important to note that this wasn't intentional, and we provided a means to return to the previous version (1.2.2.1) pretty quickly especially given that it was Midnight on a Saturday.

We've already apologized for whatever went wrong with the update and how it affected those who used it. Whatever is wrong will be corrected, and it shouldn't take us too long to sort that out.

Again, our apologies my friend, as well to anyone else to was affected by this.

Aerosoft team - for what it's worth - I had an early sign of trouble on this flight before the speed issues began. The fuel prediction was 0.0 despite closing up disconnects etc.. 450mi route w/ 7000kg. I loaded it up to 18,000kg just to see if the fuel prediction would move and it didn't. 

I'm not sure if that info is worth anything to you but it was certainly an early warning the MCDU isn't clear where the aircraft is in the route.

If there's anything I can do to help resolve/test/troubleshoot - let me know. I have a test box w/ clean P3D and then my regular setup w/ every add-on my children's college fund can buy.... I'll be glad to try some scenarios if needed.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

Archived