Altitude Hold working?

qqwertzde

I am just doing my first flight with the latest update (2.0.0.1). The Altitude-Hold knob on the glare shield appears not to be working anymore. Everything else works fine, I can also hold the altitude using the autopilot V/S wheel, but I don't get altitude alerts. Does anyone else have this?

Best,

Peter

it works watch training vids on you tube-spanish guy made good 1 in english and go back 10yrs to the INS training vids (has exorcist music)= 4 part series= for ins training=but works fine, i flew it from manilla to singapore 2 days ago =no problems.............

• Developer

It seems to be working OK at my end. Can you be more specific as to what you think it should do that it isn't doing? 

Remember that it isn't actually an autopilot altitude hold feature. It's only an altitude alerter.  You set it to your assigned or desired altitude and it warns you when you are reaching or leaving that altitude. 

You should be able to rotate the knob to set altitude. You should get a beep when 1000 feet from the set altitude or when leaving the set altitude. And it the lights should start flashing in conjunction with the beep. 

The alerter doesn't do anything to control the aircraft.  Setting the VS wheel to zero will cause the aircraft to hold the altitude existing at that moment. 

Hi Michael,

3 hours ago, Michael2 said:

You should be able to rotate the knob to set altitude.

And that's exactly what does not work anymore. Yes, I can set and hold the altitude using the autopilot on the pedestal (and hence I could complete the flight just fine), but it is strange that the alert cannot be operated anymore. The knob is simply not turning anymore.

I just tested it again: the knob turns perfectly well when I load the plane in default mode (engines running, ready for t/o). However, when I then pick cold and dark, the knob freezes. This is a new behaviour, I didn't have any issues with this in 2.0 or 1.x.

Thanks for your help,

Peter

• Developer

I can't duplicate that.  However … I found that you can rotate the value to a  negative number.  The knob won't show rotation and the numbers will still read zero, but the variable will go negative.  Just keep rotating the mouse wheel in the positive direction and it will start moving again (assuming this is the cause of the problem you are seeing).

I'll stop this behaviour in the next update. 

Hello Michael,

that was spot on: I just had to rotate the knob for a longer time in the positive direction until the numbers started to change. Thanks a lot for your help, and for creating such a great model.

Peter

Archived