Black Centre Glareshield at night with P3Dv4.4 and DL on (v1.2.2.0)

Hi There,

I've just noticed with the current version of the Airbus A318/19 in P3Dv4.4, that the Centre Glareshield panel is black (i.e. texture appears broken).

The overhead panel, main panel, pedestal and circuit-breaker panels are fine, just the Centre Glareshield is affected.

btw - I'm running P3D v4.4 with the latest production version of the Airbus Professional (v1.2.2.0) and Dynamic Lighting is set ON.

The path in the texture.cfg appears to be correct:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_VC
fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A31X

and "AIRBUSX_VC_PREPARV4_MAINPANEL_C.dds" is present

Any thoughts on what might be causing this behavior?

Cheers,

Chris.

P.S. Pic attached...

Please login to display this image.

Investigating further I don't think it's a texture issue. I think it's a "material setting" issue with the polygon used for the Centre Glareshield panel, because...

The panel looks fine when away from the dynamic lighting from Aerosoft Heathrow Professional, but when the (Dynamic) terminal lighting shines into the VC it affects the different panels in the VC differently.

P.S. All Airbus models show the same condition.

On 11.1.2019 at 20:02, CJ Reed sagte:

Investigating further I don't think it's a texture issue. I think it's a "material setting" issue with the polygon used for the Centre Glareshield panel, because...

The panel looks fine when away from the dynamic lighting from Aerosoft Heathrow Professional, but when the (Dynamic) terminal lighting shines into the VC it affects the different panels in the VC differently.

P.S. All Airbus models show the same condition.

I guess you meant the autpilot front panel (FCU) ? This is not black how we can see, as the screws are displayed at the edges, so the texture is loaded and rendered. What happens is that not all dynamic lights are included in the rendering and so the total light

amount reaching the FCU panel is smaller than with its neighbouring ones, so it appears a lot darker. So the question is now why this happens and it can be also caused by the exterior lighting from the scenery. We can have reached a limit of lights etc....

The settings for materials are all the same in case of VC panels. Only the pixelinformation inside the textures differes here. Can you test with a similarly sized other aircraft at the same position and see if the same happens there?

Also if you use any 3rd party visual plugins like tomato shade etc: Such stuff we not support, as there appearance is hardly calculable on many system. This can be truly the cause here....

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys, apologies for not responding for so long.

I'm not using any shaders or texture mods, the only 'environmental' addon I have is ActiveSky. 

Archived