Map not displaying in MFD

I had this on a previous thread but having read the thread again I decided it was inappropriate. Thus I start this new thread.

have got my VA company route to load via the FMS and even added the SID and STAR which shows just fine in the FMS. But I can't get it to show as a map on the MFD. I have toggled the Format/Range knob to make sure it is on MAP but absolutely no route shows.

In fairness I am sure it is something I am not doing correctly but I have followed the manuals over and over again. Still nothing there.

Any help gratefully received as always.

Tony

Hi Hans

No problem. This is it. It loads into the FMC ok but just won't show on the map. I should add that I added the SID and STAR into it after the plan loaded. What you see here is the plan created for our VA when the new Jo'burg base was added at Xmas. In fairness it is the first time we have brought the CRJ900 into service with us and so we were relying on 3rd party software such as PFPX or FS Commander to create the FMC plans. We have no previous experience with the CRJ which we intend to use more widely across our worldwide regional bases which is why we need to get it right.

[CoRte]
ArptDep=FAOR
RwyDep=FAOR03L
ArptArr=FALE
RwyArr=FALE06
ArptAltn=FAKN
SID=
SIDEnrTrans=
STAR=
EnrSTARTrans=
STARApprTrans=
APPR_Trans=VECTORS
RwyArrFINAL=I06
CoRoute=
FltNo=N922SB
DctWpt1=APDAK
DctWpt1Coordinates=-26.550983,29.047956
DctWpt2=AVAVA
DctWpt2Coordinates=-26.915644,29.452808
DctWpt3=EVARI
DctWpt3Coordinates=-27.680253,30.054219
DctWpt4=APKIK
DctWpt4Coordinates=-28.330428,30.575878
DctWpt5=APMAT
DctWpt5Coordinates=-28.789939,30.949897
[PerfData]
CrzAlt=33000
CrzAltAltn=37000
PaxCnt=89
PaxWeight=175
CargoWeight=4376
FuelWeight=9777
WindDirClb=295
WindSpdClb=22
WindDirCrz=295
WindSpdCrz=27
WindDirDes=275
WindSpdDes=7
ISADev=13
ResFuel=2377
TaxiFuel=500
[VNAVData]
TransAlt=8000
TransLvl=18000

Thanks

Tony

3 hours ago, tonyc said:

Hi Hans

Any luck with trying this yet?

Tony

Its ok Hans I have sorted the problem . I am sure you are very busy so no problem. Thanks for the discussion.

Tony

It was my fault entirely Hans. I tried to follow the tutorial but must have missed the bit where you have to click "EXECUTE" on the FMC keyboard when you are prompted in the screen. In fairness the instruction on the screen isn't that obvious which is how I missed it. Anyway that's that problem solved. Thank you for the input!

I managed a complete flight with just the problem of an autopilot alarm that wouldn't shut up! But I will make separate thread for that. 

Archived