V1.2.2.0 Descent Profile bugged.

Liamr685

Chaps,

Ever since updating to the latest version of the Airbus Pro, all models don't climb or descend consistently. 

The magenta circle the aircraft is supposed to follow is all over the place, it'll shoot right below the current altitude, resulting in the aircraft pitching down sharply, then it will shoot up past the current altitude, causing the aircraft to pitch up, sharply.

It also causes the aircraft to go into steep descents, between 4000-8000fpm to catch up with the sharp drop in the descent profile.

Anyone else getting this?

Yes, I've noticed this.

To avoid it, I initiate the descent well before TOD and use a combination of open descent and manged mode to stay on profile.

Of course I somtimes need to chuck out the anchor (speedbrake) if I screw up 🙂

30 minutes ago, djspatrick said:

Yes, I've noticed this.

To avoid it, I initiate the descent well before TOD and use a combination of open descent and manged mode to stay on profile.

Ive been initiating descent about 15-20nm before TOD, but it doesnt help much, the bugged profile gets worse, the further you descend. 

Yeah, it's not easy!

Looking at your video, I would try to be slower than 240kt at 7000, especially with a 34kt tailwind.

How close were you to the approach phase / decel point?  I try to be at 180-200 kt by then.

If you initiate a VNAV controlled descent after the TOD, you will experience the VNAV trying to re-intercept the descent profile and it will do so with a significant descent rate until it intercepts the descent profile. In real life, the pilots would change to an Open Descent and control the descent rate manually while working with ATC.

Best wishes.

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

If you initiate a VNAV controlled descent after the TOD, you will experience the VNAV trying to re-intercept the descent profile and it will do so with a significant descent rate until it intercepts the descent profile. In real life, the pilots would change to an Open Descent and control the descent rate manually while working with ATC.

Best wishes.

I initiate controlled decent about 15nm before TOD, it has always followed the descent profile with no issues, up until the most recent patch.

9 hours ago, djspatrick said:

Yeah, it's not easy!

Looking at your video, I would try to be slower than 240kt at 7000, especially with a 34kt tailwind.

How close were you to the approach phase / decel point?  I try to be at 180-200 kt by then.

yes my speed is usually slower at this phase, but i was pre occupied with trying to control the decent and capture the bug on video.

I just want to check... have you (Liam) updated to the latest experimental version of the Bus?  The problem that you're describing occurred very early after release and was resolved.

What you can do (and this takes about 15 minutes or less) is to uninstall the Airbus, manually remove any remaining Airbus folders in the Documents\Aerosoft folder, reboot, start P3D, close P3D, download the latest installer, disable computer security, run the Airbus installer "As Admin", reboot, ensure computer security is still disabled, run the ASUpdater "As Admin" to update the Airbus, and then update your NavData (if necessary).

Then give it a try and see if you have the same issue.

So you know, I almost always use the Managed descent and so long as the crossing restrictions are entered, I haven't had an issue with this.

Let me know how the reinstall works?

Best wishes.

Hello everyone, I invite you to see my problem with the descent, in the following videos I have the latest version, 

I wrote another post and did not give me answers or coherent solutions, I read this post and I think they give more solutions thanks

Please login to view this video.

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I just want to check... have you (Liam) updated to the latest experimental version of the Bus?  The problem that you're describing occurred very early after release and was resolved.

What you can do (and this takes about 15 minutes or less) is to uninstall the Airbus, manually remove any remaining Airbus folders in the Documents\Aerosoft folder, reboot, start P3D, close P3D, download the latest installer, disable computer security, run the Airbus installer "As Admin", reboot, ensure computer security is still disabled, run the ASUpdater "As Admin" to update the Airbus, and then update your NavData (if necessary).

Then give it a try and see if you have the same issue.

So you know, I almost always use the Managed descent and so long as the crossing restrictions are entered, I haven't had an issue with this.

Let me know how the reinstall works?

Best wishes.

There is no experimental update on my AS Updater, its just the most recent 1.2.2.0 showing for me.

I would give that a try, but I cant log into aerosoft to get the latest installer, the page is down for me after i try to log in.

Managed to log in.

Followed your guide step by step, AS Updater now shows them both at V1.2.2.1 (didnt show an update available prior to uninstalling though, just said 1.2.2.0 was the most recent)

Will test fly now.

So the main bug is fixed, but i think its introduced another, will need to do a few more test flights to make sure its not my nav data.

One of the waypoints I passed on descent into EGGP, had no speed restriction, just altitude, so when passing it, with speed and altitude managed, the autothrottle just dropped to 0, had to take manual control of the speed after then, and also the descent as it no longer wanted to follow the descent profile. 

4 hours ago, Liamr685 said:

So the main bug is fixed, but i think its introduced another, will need to do a few more test flights to make sure its not my nav data.

One of the waypoints I passed on descent into EGGP, had no speed restriction, just altitude, so when passing it, with speed and altitude managed, the autothrottle just dropped to 0, had to take manual control of the speed after then, and also the descent as it no longer wanted to follow the descent profile. 

Interesting!  This is exactly where I have been looking to try and find this, but it's been elusive!

18 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Interesting!  This is exactly where I have been looking to try and find this, but it's been elusive!

Bug seems to be fixed, done another test flight with no issues. Thanks again.

• 7 months later...

I appreciate this is an old thread, but its not been closed.  This is precisely what happened to me today with the very latest build.  I only managed to grab a quick video on my phone however.

Archived