IAE Flex Temp Calculation

Joan Alonso

Hi,

I open a new topic regarding this because this topic got lost within other managed speed topics time ago, I can not remember which one.

So, some updates ago, the FLEX temp on IAE was working fine as the CFM does with data from http://wabpro.cz

Now, numbers higher than the default MCDU flex temp leads the aircraft not to apply the correct thrust but a much lower thrust. (only IAE)

If I recall correctly, the problem exists since the IAE climb profile/drag was changed.

Are there any news on this?

Thank you

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Joan,

Can you give me some more information? What value is it showing to you on top right corner of upper ECAM and what value is the flex thrust giving you? I just checked this on A320 IAE by manually selecting a higher flex temperature than what the FMC automatically gave me after inserting flap value and there seemed to be no problem at all.

49 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Hello Joan,

Can you give me some more information? What value is it showing to you on top right corner of upper ECAM and what value is the flex thrust giving you? I just checked this on A320 IAE by manually selecting a higher flex temperature than what the FMC automatically gave me after inserting flap value and there seemed to be no problem at all.

Hi,

LEBL/LEMD

29º TAT

1015 QNH

Wind: 180/12

TOW: 64100

CI: 20

Departure runway 25L / SENI3F to SENIA

Default FMC data (FLAPS 1):

FLEX: 64º (ECAM showing 64º 1,284)

Data form wabpro (FLAPS 1):

FLEX: 70º (ECAM showing 70º 1,255)

It seems underpowered with the non default data, barely takes off at the end of the runway and after liftoff the aircraft can not climb at all. Although it's not a great difference between two given FLEX temps.

Archived