Airbus pro :lights on the dashboard in the cockpit at night.

Hello,

that is a problem with cool an dark situation: The night it is impossible to see the buttons that allow to illuminate the dashboard, in the cockpit. It is necessary to grope to find those buttons. It's ridiculous.

What is the solution ?

Thanks for yours replies. Michel.

2 minutes ago, mtlt said:

Hello,

that is a problem with cool an dark situation: The night it is impossible to see the buttons that allow to illuminate the dashboard, in the cockpit. It is necessary to grope to find those buttons. It's ridiculous.

What is the solution ?

Thanks for yours replies. Michel.

I understand your problem.

First, if you are operating the Airbus Pro at Dawn or Dusk, it's just extremely difficult to see things on the flight deck without manually increasing the Gamma setting on your video card.  When you are out of the Dawn / Dusk then it should be fine.

If you are having problems with a dark flight deck at times other than dawn or dusk then you need to do one or two things.

1. Reset your P3D Shaders by deleting them (Google this if you're unfamiliar with doing this).

2. If #1 doesn't resolve the issue for you, then you might need to calibrate your monitor.  I recommend a freeware tool called Calibrize.

I'm confident that this will resolve the issue for you.

Best wishes.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well that is a very good hint, will try it.

In this topic I posted a guide how to find the necessary buttons in the dark, just needs abit practising:

Just a little note about the flashlights (there are more than one available, some are product (aircraft) dependent).

Users with slower systems or less than 8GBs of memory can have CTDs when using these, but I've not had any issues when using the Lorby's.  I only tested it, I don't actually use it.

Best wishes!

hello,

the attached pictures are very usefull. I tested the method and it is good ! first the external power , then the batteries, and finally the dome light. How this happens in reality with an Aibus ?

Thanks. Michel.

• Deputy Sheriffs
52 minutes ago, mtlt said:

How this happens in reality with an Aibus

You have to take a flashlight with you. But TBH usuall there are so much suroundings lights that you should be able to find the most important switches. And pilots usually do not come into a situation for the cockpit is completely dark.

In case of the sim you also have to take care of the following as Dave already saidd

- when using the HDR option (or any shader tweaks), dark textures turn often into pure black

- your monitor should be somehow calibrated, espec. the Gamma Value should be looked at (around 2.2)

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

You have to take a flashlight with you. But TBH usuall there are so much suroundings lights that you should be able to find the most important switches. And pilots usually do not come into a situation for the cockpit is completely dark.

In case of the sim you also have to take care of the following as Dave already saidd

- when using the HDR option (or any shader tweaks), dark textures turn often into pure black

- your monitor should be somehow calibrated, espec. the Gamma Value should be looked at (around 2.2)

Hi! So, how to calibrate the Gamma value on 2,2? 

On 1/8/2019 at 8:37 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Just a little note about the flashlights (there are more than one available, some are product (aircraft) dependent).

Users with slower systems or less than 8GBs of memory can have CTDs when using these, but I've not had any issues when using the Lorby's.  I only tested it, I don't actually use it.

Best wishes!

I'll try it (Lorby's.), but the light is only flash once, and shut down. Is there some impact with HDR lights or else? I use HDR + DL lights.

Thank's

Mika.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Works like a charm here, although I recommend far other resons to turn HDR off. DL is a must as the flashlight only works with DL enabled addons (as mentioned in the readme)

Archived