Antarctica4XPlane - Antarctica Scenery for X-Plane

• 1 month later...

Hi I just came across this scenery via XWorld who provided the links. 

When I use the link from the forum at Aerosoft it opens then closes again returning me to the download page.

When I use the links in this forum thread the same thing happens.

Either way dead links or no downloads.

Any help or ideas?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Michael Hart:

When I use the link from the forum at Aerosoft it opens then closes again returning me to the download page.

When I use the links in this forum thread the same thing happens.

Either way dead links or no downloads.

Any help or ideas?

Just tried, for me the download-links work fine! Sounds like something OS- or web browser-related blocks your download-attempt? We keep getting reports like this from time to time: Trying an alternative web browser e.g. Firefox helped. See also this thread:

Let us know if that helps.

• Administrator

Hello,

please click in the middle of the (link) pictures (on the map).

Then you come to this pages:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/5090-antarctica-xp-part-1/

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/5093-antarctica-xp-part-2/

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/5095-antarctica-xp-part-3/

There click on the "Download this file" Button.

If this will not work, please click with the right mouse button on the link and choose "Link speichern unter".

This shall work.

Greets Heinz

• Thanks 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Michael Hart:

Resolved the issue - the problem is the browser you use. If you use Google Chrome then this happens as described.

Microsoft Edge Browser allows it to be downloaded. Go figure!

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Heinz Flichtbeil:

If this will not work, please click with the right mouse button on the link and choose "Link speichern unter". This shall work.

Seems we three posted at the same time :D
Anyways, glad to hear it works with another web browser.
Have fun with #Antarctica4XPlane. Happy Landings!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi there, new here.

I'm trying to fly to Antartica and managed to fly above it by plotting a course from Cape Town to New Zealand.  LittleNavMap shows me flying over middle northern Antartics. I then realized I did not have any scenery for Antartica installed, and downloaded the 3 packages. After running the game, I still see only water, and the map only shows water too. I may just not fly over any terrain.

Does this come with airports that I can fly towards to ensure that I have the correct location at least?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb LPChip:

downloaded the 3 packages. After running the game, I still see only water

Please note, the three parts of Antarctica4XPlane do not cover the entire continent, only selected regions:

A4XP Part 1 (South Orkney Islands and Antarctic Peninsula):

Please login to display this image.

A4XP Part 2 (Victoria Land and Transantarctic Mountains):

A4XP Part 3 (Coats Land and Queen Maud Land):

and the map only shows water too

Besides the terrain meshes for above mentioned regions, take a look at the Antarctic Maps I've developed.

Does this come with airports that I can fly towards to ensure that I have the correct location at least?

Sure, tons of overlay sceneries (airfields, research stations, base camps) were developed by third-parties:

All base and overlay sceneries are listed here. If you have any further questions, just let us know!

Thanks. I'll take a look. Do you happen to know out of the back of your mind, an airport code that I can fly to? If all fails, I'll atleast fly there to verify that I installed it correctly.

Will also install the map you linked to, so hopefully I'll have Antartica working already.

Do you happen to know out of the back of your mind, an airport code that I can fly to?

Dozens 😉 ICAO codes are usually displayed on the add-on's download page, for example Rothera Research Station (EGAR) or McMurdo Station Ice Runway (NZIR). All third-party add-ons (airfields, research stations, base camps) I'm aware of are listed on a special A4XP-site on my website.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Gjermund Eliassen said:

Hi, i have tried to get the scenery to work , but it will not.

Hi, what exactly isn't working?

XP12 shouldn't be a problem - apart from the coasts, which (so far) aren't rendered correctly (this requires a mesh update, which I plan to address at some point). Your Log.txt doesn't show any errors, at least no A4XP-related ones. In any case, mind that A4XP does not cover the entire continent, read more.

Start at EGAR for a test, that area is part of A4XP Part 1. Or at NZIR, part of A4XP Part 2.

7 minutes ago, Gjermund Eliassen said:

all i see is water, and some buildings

Where did you start? Probably outside the coverage of A4XP, see my previous posting - or this older one:

All about A4XP, as well as the download links for the meshes and links to add-ons on the A4XP website.

1 minute ago, Gjermund Eliassen said:

I forgot to take the Windows version out of the downloaded folder.

Don't know what exactly you mean: Actually, all you have to do is unpacking the three archives and move the folders Antarctica4XPlane_1v4, Antarctica4XPlane_2v4, and Antarctica4XPlane_3v1 into your Custom Scenery folder. Your Log.txt looked good in this regard. Anyway, great if it works now, you're welcome!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. 
I have just placed the folder with part 1, the folder with part 2 and the folder with part 3 in the custom Scenery folder in XP12. 
I see the related entries in the scenery_packs.ini file.

However, when I start a flight at YWKS I am on water, no land, as when XP12 does not have a scenery installed.

What to do?

On 10/8/2023 at 8:14 PM, Gjermund Eliassen said:

Hi, all i see is water, and some buildings.
Thanks for helping me!

Same, only water. how did you get it to work?

1 hour ago, sherab said:

when I start a flight at YWKS I am on water, no land, as when XP12 does not have a scenery installed

Wilkins Runway (YWKS) isn't yet covered by Antarctica4XPlane. It was intended to be covered by Part 4...

As of today I can't say when/if the development will continue. There are several different reasons for this... Actually, a first mesh version of Part 4 (and also Part 5) would be ready since quite some time, but in the past few years there has been a lack of add-on developers, who would be interested in implementations of research stations, base camps and airfields for these additional mesh Parts I've already prepared... Until today, we even haven't seen any add-ons for already released Part 3...

I'm sorry that I've no better news... Anyways, as soon as I've any news, I will inform in the developer blog.

Dear followers and friends of Antartica4XPlane,

I just learned that Wilkins Runway (YWKS) and Union Glacier Blue-Ice Runway (SCGC) are planned to be visited as part of WorldFlight 2023. I'm sorry to inform all new to Antarctica4XPlane that the areas around these runways are not covered by any of the already published Parts 1, 2 and 3 of A4XP.

Well, it is as it is and I suggest to the XP community an alternativ route from YMML via Williams Field (NZWD) and Teniente Rodolfo Marsh Martin Airport (SCRM) to SAWH. NZWD is covered by Part 2 and located in the McMurdo Sound; SCRM is covered by Part 1 and located on King George Island.

Enjoy your flights, and Happy landings!