Good guide for FMS programming

Querer

Hi all,

I recently did a flight into LEMD where ProATC/X initially told me that I have to expect a visual runway 36 approach. As I prefered a ILS runway 32L approach, I programmed my FMS as such and used one of the provided STARs for ILS 32L. Upon decent, I then requested from ProATC/X to have 32L approach, ProATC/X acknowledged it and told me to use an STAR to ILS 32L which was different to the one I already entered into the FMS. I was then not able (simply due to the fact that I did not HOW TO) to change the already selected STAR in the FMS to another STAR procedure. I tried temporarily selecting another STAR for RWY 32R and then the correct one for RWY 32L, but this ended up in a huge mess inside the FMS. So, I started to wonder if there is any good guide for doing such things in the FMS? I once bought the book for the Aerosoft Airbus X back in FSX days, but it seems as many things in the FMS were changed, no? Do you still recommend this book as a good guide? Should I wait for better PDFs? I am a little bit lost, honestly. While simply using the Aerosoft Airbus Professional busses for simple A to B flights where ProATC/X and initial flight plan is aligned properly, I am at lost if more complex manipulation of the FMS is necessary...

Thanks for any tipps,

Regards

Nothing was changed regarding SID/STAR entries or changes, so you're book should still be correct.

To change a SID/STAR, simply select it in the FPlan page, and then use the Arrow Key to go to the SID/STAR selection page and select the desired SID/STAR.

Best wishes.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yeah what Dave said. I think you got stuck on the runway/approach selection while you already had a runway/approach selected in which case it does not allow you to select the same runway/approach again. In this case you can just keep it as it is and press arrow right key to go to the next page to select the new STAR.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:49 PM, Querer said:

I once bought the book for the Aerosoft Airbus X back in FSX days

Hi,

Sorry, but are you referring to Alles im Griff: Aerosoft Airbus A320? It is quite a good guide, if you know German of course...

Otherwise what Dave said is the way for changing the STAR. What I would like to add also is that ProATC/X is not very stable with approaches still. It is giving very "strange" approach vectors sometimes, which may lead you to nowhere if you follow them blindly. :)

Yes, exactly this book I was talking about. I have to dig it out of my booshelf then. Good to know.

Regarding ProATC/X: I agree, this is one of the flaws of this otherwise cool ATC Software. Even if you take extra care about updating Navigraph AIRAC cycles in both the bus and ProATC/X, carefully re-run the makerunwys.exe for a proper alignment of scenery and ProATC/X, it still sometimes differs from what you get in the Airbus or what you would expect by looking on Charts. However, the "request" function works pretty well, each time ProATC/X initially gives me vectors for a silly runway, you can request a better suiting one quiet easily. My Problem was really to modify the FMS for new routes, hopefully I get a handle of it now...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad to help you. Happy landings!

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived