Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator !! 
Click here for more information

Sign in to follow this  
AAC47

Stabilizer movement

If you make a new update it would be nice to reactivate STABILIZER MOVEMENT WARNING SOUND as this is helpful with speed reduction when A/P is engaged, if no action is taken You will end up in a stall

It is also nice to have the "GREEN BAND"  in the range  3 deg - 5 deg Nose-Up.... The colour marking is made for quick reference during approach that stabilizer setting is within normal range

I like the DC-8 and I am not interested if a dial value is wrong...I am more interested in how to fly this bird with indications helping be to stay in the air and make safe approaches

Something must have broken when making the changes for 2.0.  The stabilizer warning should of course still be working (but I confirm it isn't).  I'll take a look. 

The code I added to one of the gauge files for 2.0 pushed it over the maximum file size so the code at the end of the file wasn't working.  You can fix this by replacing the two files in the panel\DC81 folder with these ones:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cazOvd_-l6nEK894S6Pc2iCu14Rk9Mnn

As for the green band, we discussed this at some length during beta, no?  I guess I can make a modified texture available as a mod, but it won't get added to the default install because as far as I can tell from available photos, the 50 series aircraft didn't have it.  It may take a few days before I get to it.

Thanks for quick reply.........If no green band on -50 then it shall not be there....))