Mega Airport Dublin - no P3D v4 version. Why not?

Ray Proudfoot

When I bought Dublin for FSX it had many advanced features that made it a very attractive package. Clearly an awful lot of work had been put in by the developer.

So it seems an awful waste of effort that the airport cannot be converted to work seamlessly with P3D v4. The underlying simulator - ESP - is the same for both FSX and P3D. So why wouldn't it be a relatively quick job to convert the scenery?

A few years ago I bought Thessaloniki and the author / Aerosoft has provided a version that is 100% compatible with P3D v4. That is very much appreciated especially with no extra charge.

My question is this. Do Aerosoft rely on the author of their airports to provide updates without any pressure or do you request authors to provide updates? I appreciate you have a huge amount of products but from a customer point of view it is disappointing to lose an airport that with a relatively small amount of effort could be made compatible.

It benefits the author and Aerosoft too because new P3D customers can then buy the product. To have so many not available for P3D v4 is very disappointing.

With respect Herman there’s no definitive statement in the linked thread or answer to my very specific question. Only Mathijs or the developer of Dublin can answer and in all probability it’s going to be Mathijs.

I wouldn’t have a problem with a modest charge for the update. What I’m trying to establish is how these P3D v4 updates get started.

I would have thought it would be in both the developer’s and Aerosoft’s interest for the product not to effectively die with FSX when there’s a huge P3D customer base waiting and probably willing to pay a modest fee for a compatible version. P3D is here for the long term. We need quality airports like Dublin.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's fine Ray. Simply trying to get you the most recent on this scenery from Aerosoft. I'd be surprised though to see a difference in Mathijs' fourth answer to this.

vor 15 Stunden , Ray Proudfoot sagte:

When I bought Dublin for FSX it had many advanced features that made it a very attractive package. Clearly an awful lot of work had been put in by the developer.

So it seems an awful waste of effort that the airport cannot be converted to work seamlessly with P3D v4. The underlying simulator - ESP - is the same for both FSX and P3D. So why wouldn't it be a relatively quick job to convert the scenery?

you may - in parts - answered your question by youselve.

EIDW had many advanced features in FSX, most of the time that means the dev programmed at the edge of the SDK (or slighly over it.. - in the first versions there where a lot of problems as far as I remember the forum in that time)

At the same tme - yes FSX and P3D share the same ancestor, but P3D v4 is 64bit and broke with many old FSX compatibilies to allow new features, so there may be no "easy way" to just recompile the old sources (I bet if it where "easy"  AS and the dev would grap that money)

As another point there where lot's of changes in EIDW since the FSX release and I can hear the laments of a 2018 released (updated) scenery not reflecting the current situation.

Archived