Sign in to follow this  
Jan Depenbusch

Bergamo (XPlane 11) released

Hi, is this scenery being built with correct elevations? will it come with patch file for Ortho4xp? or dev is just using "flatten option"?

The scenery has his own licensed orthophoto covering around 45 kmq, is a conversion from ESP so we have used flat option to keep our ground poly but the elevation of the airport is correct

1 hour ago, marcon8122 said:

The scenery has his own licensed orthophoto covering around 45 kmq, is a conversion from ESP so we have used flat option to keep our ground poly but the elevation of the airport is correct

This is not the way to go with XP don't be "that Guy" that uses "1302 flatten 1" instead of putting more effort on terrain elevations for sloped rwy's taxi etc. 

On 1/4/2019 at 9:17 PM, Pesti_PT said:

This is not the way to go with XP don't be "that Guy" that uses "1302 flatten 1" instead of putting more effort on terrain elevations for sloped rwy's taxi etc. 

I agree. It's a shame that this is the route the some developers are taking. The sloped runways are a great feature of X-Plane. Most people will probably not mind the extra cost of having this in the scenery for extra fidelity. 

I agree, a Ortho4XP patch is the way to go for all those simmers that uses Ortho4XP, and I guess there are many.

I recently bought Genoa by Aerosoft (I like it) but I had to massively work in WED to adapt it to my Ortho4XP tile. Lot of buildings were floating some metres over the ground when using my 1" height mesh because of the easy way to port existing FSX scenery with objects having their centre sometimes hundred of metres away.

The way XP11 is structured right now with the impossibility to change mesh other than 1X1 degree really needs some more effort by developers when porting scenery.

But maybe in the case of Bergamo the flatness of the airport ground will not require any further editing on objects, I hope that.

Hi Guys 

Just a quick update the scenery works no issues at all with ortho4xp.

Good news as told the scenery will be fully compatible with Ortho4xp, and we are adding SAM Jetways and VGDS