CRJ very buggy software-- very disappointed with it.

Folks,

I am very disappointed with the CRJ software.  I've spent numerous hours trying to fix all of the bugs, and this software still doesn't work properly.  The gauges/panels (engine, PFD, MFD etc) freeze up with no warning.  The Dave app is useless, it's frozen as well.  The latest thing now is that the CRJ 700/900 aircraft crashes FSX.  I've updated VC 2015 a couple of weeks ago.  As I said, I've wasted numerous hours in the forum trying to fix all these bugs, to no avail.  For the record, I'm running FSX SE on a Windows 10 64 bit PC with 32 gig of memory and a large SSD and two monitors with an updated driver for the GTX 1070 video card.  FSX as well as PMDG run fine without any isues, as long as the CRJ software isn't running.

• Developer

I'm not aware of any reported cases of sudden freezing of the instruments. Neither in P3D nor in FSX. Does the whole FSX stop reacting or is it just the gauges and displays that stop working?

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 1/4/2019 at 10:46 AM, charlie44 said:

The latest thing now is that the CRJ 700/900 aircraft crashes FSX.

If so there should be an error message. Check the Windows Eventviewer for an entry at the time of the crash.

It hasn't crashed to desktop since I uninstalled and re-installed numerous times.  After wasting most of the day yesterday on this, I've got most of it fixed-- I think.  But the gauges freeze up without fail.  I'm about ready to give up and ask for a refund.

• Aerosoft

And I am sorry but we will not give you a refund. Not only because you agreed to that sales condition two times while buying but we also have thousands of customers who do NOT have your issue. That simply must mean the issue is a local one, out of our control.  The add-on is not buggy.

If you re-install windows, the sim and the add-on we can guarantee it will work. 

Listen, I'm retired from a large global corporation, as an IT engineer.  So, I'm qualified to know buggy software when I see it.    If I would've know that this software was this bad, I never would've purchased it.  And I won't give my opinion on the product support here.  As to your suggestion to re-install the OS, that simply proves that this software has issues.  The OS was installed just a couple months ago, this is a brand new machine with fsx recently installed.  NO issues with the PC and its apps until I installed this software.

• Developer
vor 4 Stunden , charlie44 sagte:

I have noticed though that if I undock the gauge, the undocked gauge works.

This points to a very old version of the CRJ - we had this problem at some point although I can't remember which version it was. With it comes a utility named "Aerosoft Updater" which should be in your start menu.

Check this post for details please:

To get the very latest version, go to "Configuration" and enable "Experimental Updates". Restart the updater after that. The latest available version of the CRJ is 1.2.2.3.

If you want to check your current version, open Windows Explorer, go to "<FSX Main Folder>\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft CRJ Base\panel", right click "ASCRJ.dll" and select "Properties" and then "Details". The fields "File Version" and "Product Version" show which version you currently have installed.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, charlie44 said:

Listen, I'm retired from a large global corporation, as an IT engineer.  So, I'm qualified to know buggy software when I see it.    If I would've know that this software was this bad, I never would've purchased it.  And I won't give my opinion on the product support here.  As to your suggestion to re-install the OS, that simply proves that this software has issues.  The OS was installed just a couple months ago, this is a brand new machine with fsx recently installed.  NO issues with the PC and its apps until I installed this software.

I do listen sir and I am sure you are an IT engineer with a large global company. But you would expect that somebody like that would understand that if somebody sees a problem that no other user sees at this moment it must mean there is something special. As an IT engineer, you know software will behave the same way every time if the conditions are the same. If it works with thousands of people and not on your system it is just not logical to seek the problem with the software. Have you checked if there are updates before deciding that the software is bugged?

Hello,

I'm continuing to work on this.  I've had one successful flight-- the CRJ is a nice plane to fly, and I do appreciate it.  But unfortunately it's not consistent.  I've spent the better part of two days going through the forums trying to figure out the problems.  Going though the forum, I see a myriad of potential issues, and I was trying to methodically go through almost every one that seemed to be a logical fix.  Later today I will follow your advice and update it.  I would've assumed, since I downloaded this the other night, that this download would've included all of the SP's and updates.  I will update this later today and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Ok guys, I'm following this topic, but I have to tell, that this add-on, on my comp and my FSX is working fine, without any minor problem! With all updates until today this software reached the top of functionality and excellency. I'm very satisfied costumer and I love this add on. In the very early  beggining yes, some problems ... but now ... most of the time flying this aircraft, hours and hours of operationality, with other 250 GB of add ons, with 270+ airport intalled ... no problem! 

Archived