Mathijs Kok

Maastricht -Aachen V2 Released (do read comments)

We are currently testing this full new build of Maastricht-Aachen. This is a free update for current owners of the P3d V4 version (and only for P3D V4.4 of course).

- New satellite photo in higher resolution
- New high-res ground coverage bitmaps

- PBR textures

- New effects, with dynamic lights
- New photorealistic runway with custom runway lights
- New approach lights
- New rain & precipitation effects
- Million other small changes and fixes

- Airport status of 2017

Thanks to Patric for the new images!

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-14-07.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-16-27.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-12-26.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-11-48.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-10-47.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-10-19.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-10-03.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-09-51.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-08-29.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-07-45.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 13-57-51.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 13-54-33.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-17-54.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-18-07.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-18-30.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-18-58.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-19-12.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-23-21.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-23-51.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-24-34.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-24-51.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-50-43.png

Prepar3D 2019-01-03 17-53-08.png

Very nice! Will this build also include compatibility with Orbx TrueEarth NL?

Visuals looking great!

What year is this scenery based on? The Tulip Inn hotel for instance has been demolished in 2014. 

Does it include the new D apron? 

Thanks!
Niels. 

1 hour ago, niels95 said:

Visuals looking great!

What year is this scenery based on? The Tulip Inn hotel for instance has been demolished in 2014. 

Does it include the new D apron? 

Thanks!
Niels. 

Also the terminal is being renewed. Outside is already done. But Mathijs stated in another post that it will *maybe* might be done in the future. I think for now it is important to have all issues solved. It has been a while...

The airport has changed quite a bit since this scenery was released. This is what the terminal looks like today, quite different from what it looks like in the scenery. I hope it will be updated.

maastricht_aachen_airport_3.jpg

For now, all we wanted is to solve the issues we had because we took money from customers and did not deliver. We will for sure do updates at a later stage. It's roughly 2016 status. I will make sure that is on the prod pages.

Attached an image how it blends with Orbx FTP and landclass.

0.jpg

I also found that the Tulip hotel is entirely demolished (!) A new hotel should be build there but recent Google images (May '18) don't show a sign of it... Maybe this can be removed easily from the scenery?

On 1/7/2019 at 8:30 PM, Er!k said:

I also found that the Tulip hotel is entirely demolished (!) A new hotel should be build there but recent Google images (May '18) don't show a sign of it... Maybe this can be removed easily from the scenery?

Well, if you have the most recent information then please feed us with the needed data.
But in itself it is not really enough to remove a building if it was supposedly demolished, if we have no idea what happened at the same location.

When you remove a building from a scenery, it is not enough, the underlying bitmaps and the satellite image also need to be changed, so I don't truly see the urgency of doing that.

Airports change all the time all over the world, day by day, thus if we are picky and always demand the possible latest, then we have to know that in this regard 95% of all FS sceneries are actually outdated. Nowadays a detailed airport rendition takes quite a long time and I assure you that the airport rarely remains the same at the time of release, compared to the day when the poor designer started the project...

vor 5 Stunden , Andkozma sagte:

Well, if you have the most recent information then please feed us with the needed data.
But in itself it is not really enough to remove a building if it was supposedly demolished, if we have no idea what happened at the same location.

When you remove a building from a scenery, it is not enough, the underlying bitmaps and the satellite image also need to be changed, so I don't truly see the urgency of doing that.

Airports change all the time all over the world, day by day, thus if we are picky and always demand the possible latest, then we have to know that in this regard 95% of all FS sceneries are actually outdated. Nowadays a detailed airport rendition takes quite a long time and I assure you that the airport rarely remains the same at the time of release, compared to the day when the poor designer started the project...

You are so right. At any point there must be kind of design freeze. Otherwise you will never finish any project. Cheers. 

6 hours ago, Andkozma said:

Yes, I know airports change a lot and development is never finished. However, the new terminal exterior and demolish of the hotel change the airport in such a way that it would be nice to have it included. But in the future is fine, I only thought maybe it is easy to remove the hotel... It is now grass as you can see on one of the pics (the plates of the first pic are removed)...

Naamloos.jpg

Naamloos2.png

Hi Mathijs, is the new version still in testphase?

On 2/4/2019 at 11:19 AM, Er!k said:

Hi Mathijs, is the new version still in testphase?

No, we are done, waiting for Andras to fix the few issues we found. However, I think he is on tour playing his sitar in India. 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, we are done, waiting for Andras to fix the few issues we found. However, I think he is on tour playing his sitar in India. 

Thanks for the update ;)

If I can't reach him next week I'll release what we got, for sure it is an improvement over the current one.

Please bear with me.... this is a complex post.

I decided to release a free update to Maastricht-Aachen even though it has a few issues. The problem is that I am unable to reach my good friend Andras Kozma who is the developer of this project. And yes I am worried. He travels a lot in India where he is pretty famous as one of the worlds best sitar players. But normally he responds to emails. Not for the last 3 weeks.

The update is what we prefer to call a technical one. It changes everything to the latest standards (PBR etc) but no work has been done to update the content. So it is stuck in the 2015 state it was developed at. We also identified some minor issue we would love to see fixed but only Andras can do that. So the files are as they are. Looks bloody good, but we would have liked to see it a bit different. However, these are good files and having them on my disk only makes no sense. If you own the product it's s fine improvement, if you want to buy this product, make sure you know what you buy. 

The moment I can reach Andras I will be damned happy to talk to him and will discuss how to proceed. For now, it is what it is. Maastricht (Aachen stole it, lol) has always been one of my favorite airports and I am just happy to have it in my sim again.