Struggle with CRJ

Juergen2

Hi,

I bought the CRJ on December 20, 2018 and today tried to get through the tutorial flight.

I got as far as trying to turn OFF the annoying Morse code for LAX VOR - of course the NAV1 NAV2 switches are not working at all and I had to dig to get the fix with the "Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial.FXML file". Now mind you I just downloaded the aircraft and this problem was known for quite awhile. But whatever, Than I tried to follow the tutorial step by step. When it came to entering the flight plan, it said "J88" not in database (NAVDATA from 2017). So I thought I go direct to "Shoye", but also "Not In Database".

So than I used "Dave" to set the aircraft state to TURNAROUND and enter my own flight plan. Now I have a green line on top of the screen that says "Configuring aircraft - please wait", which never goes away.

BTW I already re-installed the aircraft again and the green line remains when I select a different aircraft state.

Thanks for help

To avoid errors in connection with airports in USA and the navigation data, please update to the latest "experimental" version 1.2.2.3 using the Aerosoft Updater.

The updater should be on your PC.

When starting a flight, please load an original Flusi aircraft first and then load the CRJ. This makes sure that all required Sim Moduls are loaded.

What Sim are you using?  Be aware that at time are a problem with "Clickspots" and P3Dv4.4

Thanks Hoffie3000,

I am not trying to shoot the messenger, however in general there should have been a notation to the forum to advise the new users of all the bugs still existing in the CRJ. I have now found a post regarding the green line and how to avoid it. I am using the tutorial flight since 3 days now and am not further than entering the flight plan. There are always "issues" popping up, which need to be delt with (e.g. green line; loading a default aircraft first ....). FRUSTRATing!!!!!

I am flying Aerosoft Airbus series as well as PMDG aircaft in P3Dv4 w/o problems. I have also experienced the clickspot issue.

The problem with a new user aircraft is that you doubt yourself.

However, I will get it eventually and will use you recommendation

Thanks

• Developer

There is no such thing as a list of existing bugs. Even I, as the programmer, don't have one because I fix all bugs that I come across as long as they can be tracked down somehow (sometimes even bugs that can't be tracked down). There's a changelog of fixes with every released version. But that's all I can do.

About the issues that you mentioned in such a detailed way:

- Green line: That apparently happens with Simbrief and PFPX flightplans only. Why? Because these files are incomplete.

- Loading a default aircraft: Because on loading the first aircraft, the simulator is not always in a fully "complete" state. Loading a default aircraft first solves this issue. Many developers give that advice since the earliest days of FSX.

- You're right about the tutorial. The aircraft has been updated continuously while the tutorial flight hasn't. I wouldn't be surprised if there are difference between the two. I'm not the manual guy, but I'll ask for an update.

- The clickspot issue is due to a change in the mouse functions in Prepar3D v4.4. I already made the fix, but it will have to wait until the modeller returns from vacation to generate new model files. Bad timing. As I said.

And btw: You don't fly the Aerosoft Airbus without problems. Neither do you fly the PMDG aircraft without problems. Both have their issues as well. You might not have come across them yet, but they're there.

• 1 month later...

The Morse code thing kind of happens in the real plane. Where you can hear the codes going in the background of your headset all flight. And it drives me absolutely insane. :banghead1_s:

Archived