p3dv4.4 EDDF elevation issue

dfw

Hello,

i'm having a problem with EDDF elevation around the north east corner: the perimeter photoreal textures flicker as i fly over them, this extends into the airport itself around runway 25C.

please see the screen shots of the flickering ground textures, the flickering is quite fast so captured random shots.

setup:

p3dv4.4

orbx base

orbx openLCeurope (no germany regions)

AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-FRANKFURT-20_PROF_P3DV4.zip

Please login to display this image.

Hello and happy new year,

thanks for the replies.  photoreal on/off didn't make a difference.  also changed mesh resolution but same no effect.

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

Please post a screenshot so that we can see where EDDF sits.

i've attached the scenery lib to show where EDDF sits (i think this is what you're asking for), it's way above the orbx stuff:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not sure what WINAS is/does and might influence EDDF, but in general installing addons under c:\Program Files(x86) is a very bad choice. Best installation folder for P3D addons is a folder outside P3D, like c:\P3D-Addons.

Maybe this solves you issue.

Problem could also be a conflicting AFCAD file. Search for bgl files with EDDF in its name (*eddf*.bgl) outside the EDDF folder.

winas=whidbey island naval air station (knuw) north of seattle so it's in a different region.

i can confirm no other afcad for eddf in the setup.

14 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And are your settings as advised in the manual?

as far as i see, the only recommended settings are the lighting options for dynamic lights, etc.  

but i just tried to raise the EDDF airport altitude to 111.0 from 110.95 using ADE/p3dv4 SDK, it added an _ALT.bgl to the ..../scenery/world folder.  the ground texture flicker/flashing almost entirely went away.   

• Developer
1 hour ago, dfw said:

as far as i see, the only recommended settings are the lighting options for dynamic lights, etc.  

but i just tried to raise the EDDF airport altitude to 111.0 from 110.95 using ADE/p3dv4 SDK, it added an _ALT.bgl to the ..../scenery/world folder.  the ground texture flicker/flashing almost entirely went away.   

To change the Alt of the airport to 111m with the Alt file will maybe give you the feeling, that your issue is solved, but it it will gernerate new issue you maybe not have seen yet.

The Flatten below the airport area is set to 110.95 and this is the correct alt of the default airport. So when you set the Altfile to 110.95m the problem should be solved too, but without side effects.

The problem you seams to have is, that another addon (maybe Orbx) has disabled the default airport file and set the alt different, maybe 111.0m

As Taxiways and aprons in Afcads based always on the alt readed from the first Afcad found based on the scenery library layers, the Airport Underground can go   above the flatten and so you see the fotoground at some areas above the ground polies of the addon.

So it is important, that the default airport is still active with his 110.95m or a Alt file is generated with this alt in scenery/world/scenery is existing, with 110.95 to overrole the wrong alt in a later loaded (first) afcad.

To lift the airport to 111m is not the solution.

Hi Oliver,

stock EDDF elevation is 110.947, C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery\0601\scenery\APX50140.bgl so it seems to be there unchanged.  there are no EDDF _ALT.bgl altitude adjustment files in ../scenery/world/scenery.

what would you suggest next?

5 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Will check this area tomorrow, if I can reproduce it.

thank you.  

i see the flickering around the areas in red, mainly when altitude is 100-300ft agl (flying helicopter is easiest).

• Developer

I could not reproduce the issue. But you find attached a replacement of the ground files for testing. Please set the config for EDDF to default (Orbx off) before you replace the files and make a Backup before.

Here the ground is set to a fix MSL alt and with 2cm above the ground. We see on some graphiccards/drivers that they have issues by seperating the ground on some cases, when the alt is exact the same as the flatten below.

EDDF Pro Ground Test.zip

6 hours ago, OPabst said:

I could not reproduce the issue. But you find attached a replacement of the ground files for testing. Please set the config for EDDF to default (Orbx off) before you replace the files and make a Backup before.

Here the ground is set to a fix MSL alt and with 2cm above the ground. We see on some graphiccards/drivers that they have issues by seperating the ground on some cases, when the alt is exact the same as the flatten below.

EDDF Pro Ground Test.zip

hello Oliver,

i copied over the new gnd files and used it with the default EDDF setting (none of orbx options checked in configurator).  success! no more ground flashing/flickering.  

Vielen Dank!

btw, i'm using a 1080ti with 417.35 driver.

• Developer

Ok, have the same card, maybe other factors are involved here. Will add the files to the next update.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived