Cannot Download Switzerland File

nigel grant

I have just purchased Switzerland but so far I have been unable to download an executable file.

I am using Chrome and have re-installed it.  I have rebooted my router, and rebooted the computer.  I have also tried FreeDownload Manager.

When Chrome download stalls, I eventually get the message “forbidden” which according to info, indicates I am not allowed to download the file from the Aerosoft site, yet I am checked into my account.

What can I do next?

Nigel

Vancouver

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have just successfully downloaded, extracted and install Switzerland again into my Aerofly FS 2. That means that the download file is definitely ok.

Is your computer by any chance connected via WLAN to the internet? If so, please plug a LAN cable in for the download, please.

If you take a closer look on the download link in you shop account, you should notice a "usa" at the end of the link (taken your location is Vancouver). You can try to replace that by "eu" to get the download served from Amazon servers in the EU.

Hi Tom

Thx for your quick response.  My PC is already hard-wired into the router which is hardwired into the modem, which I presume is what you  were referring to re the LAN connections?

I cannot locate the Amazon link you are referring to , this is the URL for my downloads page:

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/account/downloads

What next? I might try a download with my Defender turned off

regards

Nigel

• Deputy Sheriffs

I meant the download link you are clicking on the download page. 

Right click it, select "copy link to clipboard" and paste it into a text editor. You will then see what I meant. 

Hi Tom

Some more grist for the mill.

None of these were successful, the download still crashed, usually at least to 2GB:

·       turning off Windows Defender and anti-virus during download

Link removed

changing the “eu” end of the URL to “usa”

I get the message “failed – network error”; then when I click “resume”, I get  "failed - forbidden”

Regards

Nigel

Hi Tom

I am still getting nowhere fast; I have yet to download a complete Switzerland file. 

I have checked with my ISP, and my modem and router (although my PC is hard-wired into the router and modem) and connections are all in order. Today I downloaded a 3.5GB file from ORBx and later a 903MB file of Washington North as described in a message below – without any problems.

When downloading Switzerland I occasionally get about 2GB and once managed to get to 6GB. It is downloading at 2MB/s and indicates a 2 hour download for the nearly 15GB file;  the download speed starts to falter then eventually hits zero - I get the message “failed – network error”; then when I click “resume” in Chrome I get _”failed - network forbidden”. Even with the download managers, when it stops they cannot reconnect. 

To summarize what I have done;

.    I am using Chrome and have re-installed it.

2.    I have tried two download managers – FreeDownLoad Manager and JDownloader.

3.    I have turned off Windows Defender and anti-virus.

4.    I changed the “eu” end of the URL to “usa”, ie

Link removed

My computer technician queries whether it might be a very busy Aerosoft web site due to the season?

So what can I do now?

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...
At last, I have succeeded in downloading Switzerland - why I don't really know.  I coupled Chrome with FreeDownload Manager, I must have had over 10 failures but was able to resume the download at each failure point, after a complete exit from the Internet.

Nigel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived