No buildings at Santorini X

trisho0

I downloaded just Santorini X for FSX scenery add-on. Flying around Santorini, there is only like one Church at the top of the island, Gandola ride works, one Cruise ship and that's about it. The area where the village & Thira would be are just white splashes of texture. I've tried all settings, read the manual and set it accordingly. Is there a fix for this?

• Deputy Sheriffs

And if you use Orbx it will overwrite your autogen.cfg everytime you use ftxcentral.

I had somewhere the Santorini cfg that can be used together with autogenmerger to be compatible with Orbx.

6 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Downloaded Santorini.zip and found "Default.xml" file. Should I overwrite? I think if I do this I will loose the other lines from the original xml file and the other sceneries would be affected. Any ideas?

7 hours ago, data63 said:

as far as I remember Santorini adds some lines to the autogen.cfg - looks that this didn't work. try to uninstall and reinstall "as admin"

I will check on that file and reinstall it. Always I proceed installation setup of anything with Administrator rights.

7 hours ago, masterhawk said:

And if you use Orbx it will overwrite your autogen.cfg everytime you use ftxcentral.

I had somewhere the Santorini cfg that can be used together with autogenmerger to be compatible with Orbx.

I never used and don't have ORBX. All I have is UT2 in FSX.

FSX doesn't have Autogen.cfg file, never had it. Downloaded Autogen Configurator Merger and the program doesn't open. Used the Default.xml file from Masterhawk and didn't work. Edited the original Default.xml file from FSX\Autogen folder with Notepadd +++ to add the entries from Masterhawk default.xml and no success. Uninstalled and installed Santorini X again and still no buildings as shown in Aerosoft. I use Windows 10 Alienware Aurora R6 4.4Hz 64GB

I attached here my original Default.xml file just in case if some Pilot can help me with Santorini entries. I might not doing right with editing this file.

default.xml

• Deputy Sheriffs
27 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

FSX doesn't have Autogen.cfg file, never had it. Downloaded Autogen Configurator Merger and the program doesn't open. Used the Default.xml file from Masterhawk and didn't work. Edited the original Default.xml file from FSX\Autogen folder with Notepadd +++ to add the entries from Masterhawk default.xml and no success. Uninstalled and installed Santorini X again and still no buildings as shown in Aerosoft. I use Windows 10 Alienware Aurora R6 4.4Hz 64GB

I attached here my original Default.xml file just in case if some Pilot can help me with Santorini entries. I might not doing right with editing this file.

default.xml

Try this one. Added santorini to your file:
default.xml

23 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Try this one. Added santorini to your file:
default.xml

Didn't work neither. Since installed Santorini X twice in FSX SP2 the scenery as attached remains the same and not as shown in Aerosoft site … Any other try?

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

And you replaced this one?

...\FSX\Autogen\default.xml
Currently I have no other idea. Sorry.

Yes, replaced and no success. Maybe the entries into default.xml file is incomplete or misplaced in somewhere.

Also, I can't open the Autogen Configuration Merger.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Yes, replaced and no success. Maybe the entries into default.xml file is incomplete or misplaced in somewhere.

Also, I can't open the Autogen Configuration Merger.

You can’t open the ACM directly. Read the manuals, user and developer. You have to run it with commandline for installation.

I found Autogen original Default.xml file has same contents after line <CODE>N</CODE> and after line <CODE>O</CODE>

The default.xml obtained in this thread Santorini X contents only appears after line <CODE>N</CODE>

Is that maybe the reason there are no buildings in the scenery? if so, how to fix it? Any other ideas?

• 3 months later...

Archived