Cabin Pressure

Sabretooth78

I just had it on my latest attempted flight (which I ended up aborting) running 1.2.3.1.  The Cabin Altitude was stuck at -150.  Unfortunately the log files got overwritten as I fooled around (see below) with it afterwards, if in fact they would have been any help.

After exiting P3D, I immediately went back in and loaded the last autosave.  The issue was still present, only this time the Cabin Altitude would start at -150 and almost immediately change to -200.  I reloaded a few more times and this happened every time.  I then reset the scenario to put me back on the ground, wondering if I could see something telltale hoping if it happens in the future, I can see it before it happens and reload or whatever.  P3D then reloaded me back on the ground, but crashing along at 300 knots instead of stopped.  Interestingly, the problem was now gone, and the Cabin Altitude changed apparently normally as I climbed off the ground for some distance!

Restarting P3D again and returning to the autosave, the same exact behavior persisted.  I figured I'd throw the kitchen sink at it and see what stuck.  A scenery refresh did nothing, nor did actually reloading the aircraft from the menu.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Howdy, first, the Airbus Pro series is outstanding! But (there's always a but!), I have no cabin pressurization occurring at all. I am flying the A320 Pro (version 1230) in P3D V4.4. I always fly between KORD and KCLE at FL310. The ECAM display for pressure shows the outflow valve always closed, and by FL310 the delta P is over 9 and the cabin alt stays at 500 ft the whole flight. This happens consistently for every flight. Let me know if you need data from me, tell me how to turn on the logging, etc. I don't have screen shots right now, but I just did look at the status just after doing the cockpit prep checklist and after push back and engine start and ready for taxi, and the display is correct, the outflow valve is wide open, delta P is at zero, and cabin alt is at 700 ft (Elevation at KORD is 650 ft). So, initially, it appears the pressurization starts out as if it is functioning correctly (I'm thinking at some point the outflow valve must be slapping completely shut after take off to get this type of failure, not sure when though). I fly from a saved flight at a KORD gate in a dark and cold initial condition.

Thanks for getting back! I just got done with a test flight. This time I set up on the active runway, no saved flight, with the aircraft state at "Take off state". I took images, but I don't think you need to see those, since the Pressurization worked completely fine. By FL310, the cabin pressure had slowly risen to 6150, which is correct, and delta P was about 8. So, in my case, the issue must be either with the Cold and Dark state not turning the Pressurization "On" correctly (those knobs on the overhead are non functional and have no lights on them, but no lights means "ON" anyway, but the point is that I don't have control of those), or my problem is with the saved flight. I will troubleshoot this and make a log of the failing situation. By the way, the one thing that has sort of bothered me even with the older A32x series planes is that as I leave the ground the display shows the outflow valve dropping smoothly but quickly to completely off. I thought that this valve should be displayed as varying depending on what cabin pressure the system is trying to achieve, in other words the outflow valve is the regulator, and shouldn't really be closing all the way, it should be adjusting itself based on cabin alt  pressure that is desired at any particular time. This is what I saw when flying a 777 and what I thought I read on the internet.

OK, I am posting logs of the cabin pressure failure. I flew the A320 United model. I set up an unsaved flight using the Cold and Dark state. I included 4 screenshots. First is on the ground and shows cabin alt of 700, then once in the air the next shots show cabin alt stuck at 500 up through FL100. When I was supposed to transition from 11,000 to 17000, I accidentally hit my throttle off (I never do that, it figures I would do that when getting logs!) had to get it back to climb detent and turn the auto-throttle back on and get the speed back under control. So, I decided to stop the flight after that blunder, but the cabin alt should have been at least 2000 feet at FL100. I hope this helps, let me know if you need me to do something more/right.

pressureFailure.zip

Thanks for the great and prompt response! Here are 2 more screenshots, one at fl310 (delta p is 10.2), and one after landing at KCLE and pulling off runway. The Cabin alt is correct for KCLE. I made logs, in case you need them. Also, I have visited 6 or more sites about cabin pressurization in real planes, a few specifically about the A320. In all cases, the outflow valve is constantly being controlled/modulated by the computer systems (assuming not in manual mode) to maintain a given pressure in the cabin. I don't see that being represented on the ECAM pressure display even when it is working correctly. Also, the cabin alt display should go red in the A320 when/if the cabin alt goes above 9550 ft (indicating a failure). And the Delta P did go yellow above 8 in the failed flight. It should change indicate a serious situation if it goes above 9 (indicating a failure), not sure if it should change to red.

Please login to display this image.

• 3 months later...

Pretty much exactly what’s described in this thread. I get an ecam warning about a cabin pressure differential over 10 psi. The landing altitude is correct but the cabin altitude remains the same altitude of departure during the entire flight.

8 minutes ago, jpcambre said:

Pretty much exactly what’s described in this thread. I get an ecam warning about a cabin pressure differential over 10 psi. The landing altitude is correct but the cabin altitude remains the same altitude of departure during the entire flight.

Just a few questions to help us narrow this down and try to replicate the issue

1. Just to ensure I understand what you're reporting... are you saying that the cabin is not being pressurized over the departure airport altitude?

2. Which Airbus Professional Aircraft (A318/A319/A320/A321), engine type, and which version are you using?  Some people are still on 1.2.4.0 (non-Experimental), others are on 1.2.4.1 (experimental) and about 12 hours ago we released version 1.2.4.2 (experimental).  The engine type is important because while there is similar code between all the aircraft in the Airbus Professional series, the CFM and IAE engines have many differences that we model.

3. If you're using a recently updated version, did you reboot after installing / applying the update?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

It happened with the default 319 delta livery, so I believe that is cfm. It was last experimental version 1.2.4.1, not the just released. I followed all rebooting instructions.

7 minutes ago, jpcambre said:

It happened with the default 319 delta livery, so I believe that is cfm. It was last experimental version 1.2.4.1, not the just released. I followed all rebooting instructions.

Okay, thanks.  I'm doing a test flight right now int he A321 CFM, with no issues.  I'll take a look at the 319 CFM as well.

Okay, I just tested the Delta A319 (CFM) and I didn't have any issues with pressurization.

Maybe something didn't go right with the update?  If so, a reinstall might help.

Another question I have for you,  are you using the Copilot and/or Checklist (please let me know about either or both).  I made my flights without either the Copilot or Checklist, as these functions are primarily designed to indoctrinate those who are new to the Airbus on the procedures (though certainly they can be fun to use).

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

I’ll first try the latest experimental update and then a reinstall if it persists.

Are there any files left behind after an uninstall that should be deleted?

Also I don’t use the checklist.

2 minutes ago, jpcambre said:

Update: Seems to be working fine after the experimental update. Maybe something didn't go right with the last update.

I'm so happy to hear that!

Best wishes for Happy Flights my friend!

• 3 months later...

Just happened to me with 1.2.5 version.

I believe something just got messed up as I also could not engage the autopilot (PFD modes were fine).

A319 CFM, some EasyJet repaint found on this forum.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello vysous,

Is this on 1.2.5.0 stable version or 1.2.5.2 experimental version? If you are using the 1.2.5.0 stable, could you please update to 1.2.5.2 experimental and check if it happens there again.

Also, while checking if it happens again, could you please enable logging through the configurator and if it happens, zip the whole data folder and send it here so we can have a better look what is going on with different systems.

And also, throwing it there just in case, make sure all windows and doors are indeed closed if it happens again.

7 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Hello vysous,

Is this on 1.2.5.0 stable version or 1.2.5.2 experimental version? If you are using the 1.2.5.0 stable, could you please update to 1.2.5.2 experimental and check if it happens there again.

Also, while checking if it happens again, could you please enable logging through the configurator and if it happens, zip the whole data folder and send it here so we can have a better look what is going on with different systems.

And also, throwing it there just in case, make sure all windows and doors are indeed closed if it happens again.

Where do I find 1.2.5.2 experimental? I am using the stable one provided by AS updater.

Thanks, Jan

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, vysous said:

Where do I find 1.2.5.2 experimental? I am using the stable one provided by AS updater.

Thanks, Jan

On the bottom right there is a "Configuration" button where you can enable the experimental updates. You have the then restart the Updater for the latest experimental version to show.

Just now, Secondator said:

On the bottom right there is a "Configuration" button where you can enable the experimental updates. You have the then restart the Updater for the latest experimental version to show.

Thanks. I will give it a try tomorrow. I have my suspects - GSX boarding and pullback was a little chaotic, so maybe some door control issue happened somewhere.

No promises though (you know, two kids and all... :-))

Have a good evening, Jan

Archived