Checklist problem at landing in a airport above sea level.

Flight made with an A319-IAE.

I still have checklist problems at the SBSP airport that is 2631 feet above sea level.

As shown in the jeppesen's chart SBSP is CAT1 then I entered with 2820 in the BARO (MCDU1) before activating the "DESCENT PREP CL: STARTS IN ...".

After the "APPROACH CHECLIST" I confirmed the approach phase in MCDU1.

During the final the PFD shows that SBSP is CAT3 (?). Is this a P3D v4.4 error?

The "LANDING CHECKLIST" was executed, but when I landed and I leave the runway, neither the "AFTER LANDING CHECKLIST" nor the "PARKING CHECLIST" were executed.

Upon stopping at the gate and activating the parking break I could heard a aural "HUNDRED ABOVE". Very strange.

Please login to display this image.

By the way, I am with Airbus Pro version 1.2.2.0, was flying with A319-132 IAE using NavDataPro as shown in the attached images.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Luis,

the PFD displays what the aircraft is capable of and not the ILS categrory of the airport your are using....... so everything in this repsect OK. And I think the other problem is related to your handling: You are leaving the centerline of the runway too early e.g. the plane has to slow down to less than 30 NM ...... Please have a look into the following discussion with the same isuue......

Regards,

Rolf 

I'm away from home spending the holidays. I will return january 4th and I will test leaving runway at speed less than 30nm and only after msg LEAVE THE RUNWAY. I take this opportunity to wish you all a prosperous 2019. Thanks for your help, support and you were so patients with our doubts. Cheers!

Hello, I am back home (and to simulator). I landed on SBSP which has a relatively short track with 6352 '(1940 m) in extension. The reverse and the braking ended almost at the last exit of the runway. I applyed the brakes until I got the speed less than 30 kts. This time the "AFTER LANDING CHECKLIST" was executed (great!), but as I was already practically on the exit of the runway the "LEAVE RUNWAY" message did not appear and instead of came the message "SET PARKING BREAKS ON" (???). I leave the runway and parked in a gate. I applyed the parking breadk and the "PARKING CHECKLIST" was executed with success. So my 'problem' now is about the "LEAVE RUNWAY" that was not displayed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think 1940 m should be enough for a smooth landing - of course depending on your weight. I cannot believe that reversers are used until the last exit - those should be set off at 70 knots...... I think the problem was that your touchdown was maybe quite late...... I suggest that you try it again and maybe touch down a little bit earlier. I just tried a landing at SBSP34L with the A321 and there were no such problem with the runway length. But you are right the "LEAVE RUNWAY" message did not appear and I will have a look into this issue. Let you know when I found something. Please be patient......

Regards,

Rolf

I repeated the flight, turned off the AP far way the airport and manually managed to land very close to the headboard of the runway. I applied the reverse and the brakes and I used only 2/3 of the runway to landing. I continued bellow 30 kts on the remainder 1/3 of runway. After a few seconds of silent I heard "APU ON" and nothing more. The A319-IAE was almost arriving to end of a runway when the "AFTER LANDING CL" was executed and finished just when the runway arrived to its end. The "LEAVE RUNWAY" message was not shown. I leaved the runway and taxed to the gates. When I break and stopped the message "SET PARKING BREAK ON" was shown, I did this and the  "PARKING CL" was executed with success. I think I still continue making any mistake. Could you please tell me which rules are embedded into the source code for the execution of the message "LEAVE RUNWAY"?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Luis, I made some tests myself on various airports and normally it works fine - please try again on another airport. The message LEAVE RUNWAY should appear if the plane is below 30 knots. But I also experienced the same problem like you (no message) after landing on SBSP 34L. First I thought that the problem is maybe connected to the airport elevation (app. 2600 feet) but also at LOWI (app. 1900 feet) as well as at KEGE (app. 6500 feet)  it worked e. g. the message appeared when slowing down below 30 knots. So at the moment I am a little bit confused what is different on the SBSP 34L approach compared to other approaches..... as on all the other airports the feature is working well. I told you already that I will have a look into it...... if I find something I will let you know.......

Regards,

Rolf

By the way, are the reverses slow the speed down in a realist way? It's seems to me they spend too much time to reduce the speed to 70 kts when so I begin to apply pedal breaks. 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Luis, if you have any data that confirms it is incorrect we can look at it again. None of our real pilot testers ever commented on it.

Good to read this. It was only a doubth.  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Luis, regarding the "LEAVE RUNWAY" message and the further to its related actions (please do not hijack this thread for additional issues like reverse thrust):

In the mean time I found the root cause and it is related to landings on airports of the Southern Hemisphere e.g. flying in North America and Europe there are no such problems..... I am working on the solution and as soon as it is available I will let you know......

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Luis, I fixed the bug and now also on SBSP (and on all other airports where the difference between magnetic and true heading is greater than 15°) you get the message "LEAVE RUNWAY" and the following actions are excuted like on all other airports..... The fix will be part of the next experimental update.

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived