Keyboard Input minor issue (1.2.2.1)

haroldeh

Had no issues initiating keyboard input in v1.2.2.0.

In v1.2.2.1, however, keyboard input does not initially work after clicking the hot spot on the 3D or 2D FMS.  Same happens bringing the 2D window up with shift-2.   I've noticed it does start working after entering some data with the mouse.

Harold

• Deputy Sheriffs

Probably a long-shot, but you might check this out. It could be that your keyboard was simply taking a bit of time to wake up. I read somewhere a while back that Bluetooth wireless keyboards can take a few seconds to reconnect, especially if not used for more than 5-10 minutes or so. For USB keyboards, and for that matter any other USB peripheral you use in the sim, make sure the Power Management tab in the context menu for that device or the hub it's plugged into has the "Allow the compute to turn off this device to save power" cleared as in the screenshot. I found it preferable to simply clear all of them that have a power tab rather than figure which one is which.

Please login to display this image.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:02 PM, Herman said:

Probably a long-shot, but you might check this out. It could be that your keyboard was simply taking a bit of time to wake up. I read somewhere a while back that Bluetooth wireless keyboards can take a few seconds to reconnect, especially if not used for more than 5-10 minutes or so. For USB keyboards, and for that matter any other USB peripheral you use in the sim, make sure the Power Management tab in the context menu for that device or the hub it's plugged into has the "Allow the compute to turn off this device to save power" cleared as in the screenshot. I found it preferable to simply clear all of them that have a power tab rather than figure which one is which.

My keyboard is wired in, not wireless.

Still have the problem, but I have found if I enter anything - even just an "A" - from the FMC keyboard first, then turn on computer keyboard input, keyboard input works fine.  However, once the first data entered from computer keyboard input is posted in the FMC, the previous data entered from the FMC keypad is erased.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Cant replicate this. The moment I click on the clickspot to turn Keyboard input on I see this message and all works fine:

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived