Absurd auto route from middle east-Europe

To get a correct routing from the Middle East to Europe I have selected to exclude the airspaces of: UKFV,OEJD,OSTT,OIIX,LLLL,OJAC

The auto route does not compute a routing up through Iraq, then Turkey, and on to Bulgaria and so on. It wants to go south through Saudi Arabia (The reason I exclude OEJD) or through Iraq, west to Jordan and Israel, or north through Iran and Russia. Worse if I exclude Iran it goes east to Pakistan and Afghanistan then North!

Why is auto route not doing a correct routing?

The route I am planning is OMAA-EHAM

Instead of Iraq-Turkey-Bulgaria... etc Look at this!

Please login to display this image.

I exclude OKPR and now it says no route can be found with the current settings.

Please help thanks.

Hi,

no such problem on my side, this is what I get:

Might be a thing of your AIRAC, RAD, etc.? Which data do you use?

11 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Hi,

no such problem on my side, this is what I get:

Might be a thing of your AIRAC, RAD, etc.? Which data do you use?

Current Navigraph data and the directs file from the user library

Hi chkl,

In Advanced Route Finder try to force planning via waypoint NEGEM and you should get the result you want.

@Emanuel

he tries to exclude UKFV sector. When you just click Find Route, it will plan the route, you posted, through the sector. Although it's a valid one.

i'm not quiet sure, but PFPX v2 seems to interpret some RAD rules a bit differently than v1.28 did. I'll have a look into this.

Maybe I can fix this till end of next week.

Regards

David

23 minutes ago, Sharky said:

Hi chkl,

In Advanced Route Finder try to force planning via waypoint NEGEM and you should get the result you want.

@Emanuel

he tries to exclude UKFV sector. When you just click Find Route, it will plan the route, you posted, through the sector. Although it's a valid one.

i'm not quiet sure, but PFPX v2 seems to interpret some RAD rules a bit differently than v1.28 did. I'll have a look into this.

Maybe I can fix this till end of next week.

Regards

David

How do I force it through NEGEM?

I installed now the updated pfpx version because I also had this problem in v1 of pfpx, not being able to find a routing avoiding Syria and Ukraine. Excluding the same airspaces in pfpx v1 it could not find a route either, that is the reason I just updated to the latest pfpx release and still have the problem. Thanks for helping.

Hi David,

I have UKFV deselected, too. Here's my routing in full:

Edit:These were my settings in use:

Click on the arrow below the "Find" button and then "Advanced..."

Enter NEGEM into Via 1 box and click Find.

I might have found the troubling rule - LBLT1006. Will do some testing and if it works, changes will be included in upcoming RAD and Directs update next week.

Regards

David

Hi Emanuel,

Ok, my mistake 😄. I assumed it was continuing via UKFV sector.

But this will route you via ODERO (Turkey-Bulgaria border), which is not allowed, when you fly via NINVA (Syria / Turkey border). RAD rule LBLT1006.

Regards

David

12 minutes ago, Sharky said:

Click on the arrow below the "Find" button and then "Advanced..."

Enter NEGEM into Via 1 box and click Find.

I might have found the troubling rule - LBLT1006. Will do some testing and if it works, changes will be included in upcoming RAD and Directs update next week.

Regards

David

I am leaving for work I will try later, but I am planning OMAA not OMDB

vor 3 Minuten, chkl sagte:

I am leaving for work I will try later, but I am planning OMAA not OMDB

I tested OMAA - EHAM before. OMDB was just another test to see, if it's not only related to OMAA.

Regards

David

OMAA-EHAM planned using just the 'FIND' button, validates straight off using NG1813 + Davids directs:

Once the save custom restriction issue is resolved we should be able to pick up the available airways in SW UKFV

1 hour ago, srcooke said:

OMAA-EHAM planned using just the 'FIND' button, validates straight off using NG1813 + Davids directs:

Once the save custom restriction issue is resolved we should be able to pick up the available airways in SW UKFV

The flights go over Iraq not Iran. When I set OIIX to exclude it cannot find a route

Excluding OIIX I get a route south of Syria.

Try removing your total UKFV restriction, it will result in a valid route via IRAQ:

1 hour ago, srcooke said:

Excluding OIIX I get a route south of Syria.

Try removing your total UKFV restriction, it will result in a valid route via IRAQ:

Well they also are not flying over Western Ukraine so I keep UKFV restricted too

38 minutes ago, srcooke said:

You have an exact route then ?

The flightplan through SW UKFV is validated, the airways in that area of the region are available as published by NOTAM.

I do not have a route but this is the flight I tried to make a realistic route for before it departed. all routes are avoiding Crimea I track flights through the area regularly and do not see any flights going over that airspace to/from Europe

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ETD904/history/20181227/0612Z/OMAA/EHAM

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ey904#1efec4c8

You can force the route VIA NINVA, you would have to resolve the EuroControl restrictions manually with the exclusions shown:

Archived