Glide scope issues even after update

benjoglove

Flying the A320 into YPDN last two days and both times it swerves from left to righ and doesn't keep track of the g/s. I thought this was being fixed with the latest update? (ran latest up date two days ago hoping it would fix the issue. Any suggestions?

I'm familiar on the ILS system with other planes and they work flawlessly with them but having issues with the A320. Not sure if it is still a bug?

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Are you sure you have good FPS? This could very well be explained by low FPS.

And make sure you are on 1.2.2.1!

HI Mathijs, I can guarantee its not FPS. Run a very good PC and nil issues with FPS in any aircraft.YPDN is not a heavy FPS airport either. A320 is also up to date with 1.2.2.1 as seen in photo.

It is all over the place coming down the glide scope. Its like it cant keep aligned so it goes searching for it again. Believe this issue was in earlier developments? 

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, benjoglove said:

I can guarantee its not FPS. Run a very good PC and nil issues with FPS in any aircraft.

The Airbus Pro operates far differently inside P3DV4, and even though I too run a pretty nice rig, loading of scenery during the flight can cause the best of system to suffer a momentary loss of frame rates.  I'm not saying you are, but if you experience a few stutters followed by the aircraft going hard left and/or right then it's due to this.

Regarding the banking left/right while on a Localizer, I have flown the Airbus Pro into all sorts of payware airports and not had any issues on ILS approaches, so I'm not sure what is happening on your system. I believe there was an ASUpdater issue a while back (now solved) that resulted in incorrect files being left installed. It takes about 10 minutes on a good system with a high speed Internet Connection to re-download the Airbus Pro, then uninstall the Airbus Pro and remove remaining folders, then reboot, reinstall the Airbus Pro, enable experimental updates in the ASUpdater, and then update the Airbus Pro. If you use non-default liveries then I would back them up using the Livery Manager.

Let us know how you make out?

My very best wishes!

21 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The Airbus Pro operates far differently inside P3DV4, and even though I too run a pretty nice rig, loading of scenery during the flight can cause the best of system to suffer a momentary loss of frame rates.  I'm not saying you are, but if you experience a few stutters followed by the aircraft going hard left and/or right then it's due to this.

Regarding the banking left/right while on a Localizer, I have flown the Airbus Pro into all sorts of payware airports and not had any issues on ILS approaches, so I'm not sure what is happening on your system. I believe there was an ASUpdater issue a while back (now solved) that resulted in incorrect files being left installed. It takes about 10 minutes on a good system with a high speed Internet Connection to re-download the Airbus Pro, then uninstall the Airbus Pro and remove remaining folders, then reboot, reinstall the Airbus Pro, enable experimental updates in the ASUpdater, and then update the Airbus Pro. If you use non-default liveries then I would back them up using the Livery Manager.

Let us know how you make out?

My very best wishes!

Thanks I will try the second part out and see how we go. Definitely not FPS as once you take control back manually it flies like normal so we can rule fps out. Cheers.

• Aerosoft

No, when you fly it manually a lot of that calculations are not done so that proofs nothing. 

Do not count out fps as the cause of your problems as it would be a perfect explanation (also why you see it and as far as we can see no other users). I do not know what you use to see your FPS but you got to watch it like a hawk (and have some luck) to see incidental drops. Now as you see this effect approaching an airport it is even more likely to be FPS as that exactly the moment when scenery and traffic are loaded and when often the weather is refreshed as you get into lower altitudes.

Of course, this is easy to check. Just do the same landing with minimal scenery settings and static weather. I am almost 100% sure you will see no issue. That will tell you the issue and then you can work on solving that. For example, changing the range at which scenery is loaded etc.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, when you fly it manually a lot of that calculations are not done so that proofs nothing. 

Do not count out fps as the cause of your problems as it would be a perfect explanation (also why you see it and as far as we can see no other users). I do not know what you use to see your FPS but you got to watch it like a hawk (and have some luck) to see incidental drops. Now as you see this effect approaching an airport it is even more likely to be FPS as that exactly the moment when scenery and traffic are loaded and when often the weather is refreshed as you get into lower altitudes.

Of course, this is easy to check. Just do the same landing with minimal scenery settings and static weather. I am almost 100% sure you will see no issue. That will tell you the issue and then you can work on solving that. For example, changing the range at which scenery is loaded etc.

Okay did a similar flight with an easier STAR with FPS active to show what I am getting. Average 30fps (locked). It seems every time it locks onto the Localiser it decides to turn off it. This flight captures the localiser and then decides to do a left hand turn and a full 360 degree turn back onto the path. Once again, went into manual override, straightened her out, hit app again and once again went left to right once it recaptures the LOC. Its not FPS so Im lost.

Actually, I can confirm this behavior. I just haven't gotten around to reporting it yet. If I'm in range of the LOC, I'll push the LOC button while still in managed NAV. Suddenly, the plane will bank left or right to where I have to manually regain control. Once I've regained control, and not put the bus on managed NAV, the LOC/APP works great.

Happened to me twice during an approach, but was so focused on correcting the issue that I forgot to report it. 

AK

5 minutes ago, Frafty said:

Actually, I can confirm this behavior. I just haven't gotten around to reporting it yet. If I'm in range of the LOC, I'll push the LOC button while still in managed NAV. Suddenly, the plane will bank left or right to where I have to manually regain control. Once I've regained control, and not put the bus on managed NAV, the LOC/APP works great.

Happened to me twice during an approach, but was so focused on correcting the issue that I forgot to report it. 

AK

Thanks for the support. Im not going crazy!!

Thanks very much for the reports guys!  Sorry to hear you're suffering from this issue.

I do believe you're having this problem, but over the past three days I have flown 20 different ILS approaches to 20 different airports, and intercepted radials to numerous VORs... all without experiencing this.  In fact, with the exception of the very earily beta (alpha really), I've never seen this.

Flying to VOR Radials above 18,000ft (really above 20,000ft) at least 20mn away from any payware airport is a good test because you won't experience any reduced frame rates due to heavy scenery loading (this occurs at or below 18,000ft and within 18nm of airports). Even though we've mitigated the affect of frame rates on the Airbus quite a lot, it can still happen especially with slower systems.

For those who haven't tried this... there was a problem with the ASUpdater a few weeks ago resulting in some files not being updated properly.  While the base problem has been resolved, the past effects might not be on some systems. I recommend a complete unintall of the Bus (remove any remaining folders), reboot, re-download the Airbus Installer, disable computer security, run the installer As Admin, reboot, run the ASUpdater As Admin, enable experimental updates and then update, and then clear your P3D Shaders.  Then see if the problem is still present.

If you still have the issue after than, please provide a full flight plan and which runway you are landing at, where you armed the Localizer and where the aircraft established on the localizer.  Also, associated altitudes for those points.  Additionally, please provide the airport scenery you're using for the destination airport, and what the course and ILS frequency is that you're using.  With that info, we can drop into the sim and shoot the same approach.

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the reply Dave.

Here is the latest:

Uninstalled everything and deleted all folders relevant.

Reinstalled all aircraft out of the (86) folder this time. Admin approved.

Did the update with experimental features enabled.

Flew a different route (YMML/YPAD) thinking it might be YPDN causing the issue. Nope.... (flown the YPAD a thousand time in other planes no issue).

As soon as I hit the APP button for the ILS rwy 23 it banks to the right and does the 360 degree turn it was doing earlier on in YPDN.

It seems to be as soon as it hits the localiser. Establishing  on the blue arrow on the FMC.

Im just about at my wits end as I cant fly this plane. Only thing to eliminate now is the livery I am using. Would this cause it event though its only a texture change? If not what else. FPS still at 30 so ruled that one out of the equation.

Regards

Ben

YPAD route Rwy 23 Drin9V arrival GULLY trans.
N0451F340 NEVIS5 NEVIS H345 DUKES ALEX8V

ILS freq - 109.7 Apprch (confirmed correct and matched in FMC) Cres 222

Yes we did. All works fine until we try to activate as stated above. The aircraft will turn onto final with correct heading. It all falls to bits once on final and activating LOC  and it then begins to conduct the 360 or looking for the G/S again by flying left to right. I have flown this route with tehe A320 before hand and worked fine however since the update we did the other day is when we noticed the issue.

okay so some good news. After speaking with someone on facebook who was having the same issue, it appears having outdated navigraph with the A320 will cause this issue. Updated to the latest (only one out) and flew into YPAD without any issues at all. Will do a couple more test flights but seems to be the issue. For info if anyone else suffers this issue with outdate navigraph  (even if its just out of date!)

Archived