EDDK Pro - Missing ATIS?

FraMic

HI,

as described in the Version history of EDDK pro V1.0.4.0 the ATIS frequency is fixed.

Since I made the update to latest Version, I can not see ATIS in the ATC-Menue...
On other Airports it´s still working.

Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

I also do not get this update, especially not the SODE thing. What does a missing ATIS has to do with SODE jetways? Do I have to download the SODE jetway files again from my simmarket account? Simply put: not enough information here, there is a how to missing somehow...

The ATIS frequency should also be part of the ADE/AFCAD file. This file was not updated in the new version, so this could be the cause.

• Aerosoft

Some additional info from Jo:

I would assume that this would be solved by running the EDDK configuration tool after installing the update, doing that would ensure that there's no old version of the AFCAD file being loaded. (Also, the reason for the update to the SODE download is that the SODE jetways require a unique AFCAD, which is where the ATIS information is stored.)

Still does not explain if for SODE jetways, we are forced to download the SODE jetway download again or not. And it does not tell us, if yes, we first have to disable SODE jetways in the configurator, install the updated SODE download files and activated the SODE jetways in the configurator again. Or not. Or how. Sorry to say, but as those SODE stuff is obviously not included into the regular updater, it is always a Little bit a mistery on how to properly update. Especially because simmarket did not yet notice me about any SODE update for EDDK and the current download reads "v1.06" instead of the same version numbering of the scenery (1.0.4.5).

Confusing without any readme or "how to" if not all aspects are covered by the updater...

• Aerosoft

Okay, let's hope this helps:

"Still does not explain if for SODE jetways, we are forced to download the SODE jetway download again or not."

Yes, since the SODE files were updated the user needs to download those separately from the customer download account and install those according to the instructions included with those files.

"And it does not tell us, if yes, we first have to disable SODE jetways in the configurator,"
No, there's no need for this.

"install the updated SODE download files and activated the SODE jetways in the configurator again." 
After the scenery has been updated through the Aerosoft updater and the updated SODE files have been downloaded and installed the user only needs to start the scenery configuration tool and click "Save Changes". This will ensure that the correct BGL files are loaded depending on the options the user has enabled or disabled in the configuration tool.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay, let's hope this helps:

It does help, thanks for the additional Information.

However, I still did not get the mail from simmarket that the additional SODE file is updated. Means: it is still not clear if v1.06 of the SODE Jetways I have in my account at simmarket is the one to be used with the 1.0.4.5 version of EDDK or not.

Would it not be easier to offer those SODE Jetway downloads on your AS download server instead? Like this, you could provide those files the moment the updater is updating the scenery and us customers do not have to wait for simmarket and Co. to update their downloads...

• Aerosoft

Best talk to simMarket about that email, nothing we can do about that. And about what files they offer you also have to ask them, we simply do not know. All external shops get access to all the updates the same hour we put them online. Depending on the store these can be online fast or slow. 

If I buy this scenery on simmarket, this very forum is mentioned for support via direct link on the product page. You selected to sell your products via simmarket, not the other way around. So yes, I can absolutely ask here for support and for a delivery of the files needed for an update in time. It is even written on the support page of simmarket, I cite:

"Please note that product support is provided by the respective developers, authors and publishers. The appropriate contact address or forum link can always be found on the product page of your product. We can only help with issues related to sales."

Means: either you at AS or simmarket is not really aware about what kind of deal you have with them. Or you should re-negotiate your agreements...

If simmarket is not providing those files in a timely manner, I would seriously reconsider selling my products on this platform, especially if you have introduced an updater taking care of keeping the product up to date basically independent of simmarket. Or, as mentioned, provide updates on your database servers. I have anyway no understanding why those files need to go via simmarket or whatever online reseller to the customer instead of offering them directly on the AS download servers...

Anyway. As mentioned, it would already help if you put in the release notes of your products in a single sentence something like this:

"EDDK update 1.0.4.5 available via Aerosoft updater. Be aware that for SODE Jetways, you need to re-download and re-install the additional file called "AS_EDDK-SODE-JETWAYS.zip", the version 1.06 of this AS_EDDK-SODE-JETWAYS.zip is suitable."

Because: the question about what version of AS_EDDK-SODE-JETWAYS.zip is the correct to be used with v1.0.4.5 of EDDK is still not answered...

6 minutes ago, Querer said:

If I buy this scenery on simmarket, this very forum is mentioned for support via direct link on the product page. You selected to sell your products via simmarket, not the other way around. So yes, I can absolutely ask here for support and for a delivery of the files needed for an update in time. It is even written on the support page of simmarket, I cite:

Indeed you can and you did. We told you how to get assistance, did we not?

If you buy with a reseller the supplychain for files is always the same: We provide the files to the distributor, they provide them to you. And we can assure you we provided them to the other shops the very moment they became available. What the shops do with this is their part, however I am sure a quick email to simmarket would solve this matter for you. We simply have no control over what they offer in their shop.

Sorry to Interrupt your discussion about updates and SODE Jetways ...

But this thread started in December with a problem of ATIS in EDDK scenery wich wasn´t and isn´t answered until now.

There is still no ATIS in ATC menue. 

@scrooke5 does not work for me

@Mathijs running config tool does not work for me

Please advice what to do to make it work:

1) Wait for the next update

2) Do a Workaround

3) Do nothing

4) Do not use ATC(so I can not see it)

5) ?

Thank you in Advance to get a solution

Apologies FraMic the frequency was picked up from elsewhere.

Upon investigation the ATIS is incorrectly named KOELN/BONN, it must be the airport ICAO: EDDK

Correcting this ATIS appears in the ATC menu and can be tuned:

Please login to display this image.

EDIT:

For info both afcad's located in the library folder are dated 11/12/2018

… if the Updater Shows the correct Information and 1.0.4.5 is the latest Version, then i have installed the actual Version.

Please login to display this image.

Archived