V2.03 CTD ntdll.dll

hi tom

i am still having trouble with opening pfpx v2.03

after following advice in another post nothing seem to work

however i disconnected my second screen so i am only using one

and now on opening,the map screen does appear for a few seconds then i get a crash ctd

i looked at the event viewer this is what it shows please see below

can you help

thank you 

jeff

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The ntdll.dll is the gateway for all Windows applications to low level system functions and drivers. A crash in this module is almost always caused by faulty drivers.

Either try to update to the latest version of your display drivers or revert back to a previous version as new versions of course could also introduce new problems. 

cheers tom

tried reverting back to one previous driver from 417.22 to 397.64

will try a few more drivers

every thing else on my system seems to working ok

could drivers affect just one program

hi Michael 

have you had any luck with getting pfpx working properly

i have tried all sorts without success

if you find anything that might help please let me know

jeff

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Jeff20 said:

Could drivers affect just one program

Yes of course. If no other program you have installed into your Windows uses the same system API function, you will see a problem only showing up with that one program. 

4 hours ago, Jeff20 said:

hi Michael 

have you had any luck with getting pfpx working properly

i have tried all sorts without success

if you find anything that might help please let me know

jeff

Nope, it crashes just like the others in this thread. 1.28.9i works like a charm. 

Michael Moe 

just tried downloading again from flightsimsoft

used glary utilities5 to scan registry for pfpx files

cleared a lot of files i didn't know where there

what i have also noticed is the program pfpx is not in the Apps and Features list where you can uninstall it

you have to use uninstall from install folder

has anybody noticed this

is this right

it still crashes after a few seconds

jeff

• Deputy Sheriffs

That sounds like some weired driver initialisation problem to me. This definitely needs a ticket at FlightSimSoft. Maybe changing some initialization order within 2.03 fixes this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

michael

Hugo found this

So, I have looked on more forums and found a fix. 

I just went to this location (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FlightSimSoft.com\PFPX) in Registry Editor and deleted the Workspace Folder, and ta-da it is fixed.

Thanks for finding out it was a registry problem!

That did not work for me however i saw issues arising already when i first installed v2.03. When i had the PFPX window on any other monitor than my main monitor it would hang as soon as i hit "add flight". When i was working on my main monitor everything worked fine. Same now for the program launch. If I try to run the program on any other than the main monitor it hangs on startup. I hope this helps fixing it.

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2019 at 9:33 AM, donnergurke said:

That did not work for me however i saw issues arising already when i first installed v2.03. When i had the PFPX window on any other monitor than my main monitor it would hang as soon as i hit "add flight". When i was working on my main monitor everything worked fine. Same now for the program launch. If I try to run the program on any other than the main monitor it hangs on startup. I hope this helps fixing it.

donnergurke, I am having the exact same problem.  Thank you for pointing out the workaround!  Hopefully they get it patched soon.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar issue with CTD a few seconds after opening v2.03.  What worked for me was running the compatibility troubleshooter under the .exe settings and applying the settings it recommended (Windows 8 compatibility mode).  Since doing this I've not had any CTD.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived