CTD: RealLight and multi-monitor in P3D 4.4

aua668

Hi,

I am using the A320 Professional (latest update) under P3D 4.4 / WIN10 in a multi-monitor setup. One curved 32:9 screen for the outside view and two touch screens below for the panel views. I use two Geforce 1080 Ti driving this setup.

P3D 4.4. in combination with RealLight has a problem, if you create a second window, undock it and move it to another monitor. As soon as you turn on the integral lights this leads to a CTD. After long experiments sorting out all possibilities I can clearly and reproducable demonstrate, that this the source of my problem.

There are several hints in the RealLight forum, that there might be a problem with multiple graphic cards. But no fix so far is available.

So at the moment I can only disable RealLight, which makes flying in the night a little bit problematic. Maybe you can work together with LM and TFDi Design to get this solved, as you sell a product by using third party software, which doesn't work in a common setup for flightsim (multi-monitor).

Rgds

Reinhard

10 hours ago, aua668 said:

Hi,

I am using the A320 Professional (latest update) under P3D 4.4 / WIN10 in a multi-monitor setup. One curved 32:9 screen for the outside view and two touch screens below for the panel views. I use two Geforce 1080 Ti driving this setup.

P3D 4.4. in combination with RealLight has a problem, if you create a second window, undock it and move it to another monitor. As soon as you turn on the integral lights this leads to a CTD. After long experiments sorting out all possibilities I can clearly and reproducable demonstrate, that this the source of my problem.

There are several hints in the RealLight forum, that there might be a problem with multiple graphic cards. But no fix so far is available.

So at the moment I can only disable RealLight, which makes flying in the night a little bit problematic. Maybe you can work together with LM and TFDi Design to get this solved, as you sell a product by using third party software, which doesn't work in a common setup for flightsim (multi-monitor).

Rgds

Reinhard

The problem is strictly limited to having more than one graphics cards, and as such there is absolutely nothing Aerosoft can do about it.  It needs to be resolved between TFDI and LM.  In fact, I booted up the Airbus Pro just to ensure it's working and it is.

Best wishes!

Hi,

Your company is licensing a product, which is known to make your product unusable in a certain configuration, which is common in the flightsim world. So you should be interested, to get this solved.

While you are not able to solve it technically, you could use your market position to help LM and TFDi to get this solved. That's what I asked you for.

BR

Reinhard

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dear Reinhard, 

what let you assume that this problem will not be solved by TFDi and LM? 

I am quite sure it will be and in due time a fixed version will become acailable. 

In the meantime you can uninstall RealLight to make sure not to run into the CTD any more. 

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, aua668 said:

Your company is licensing a product, which is known to make your product unusable in a certain configuration, which is common in the flightsim world. So you should be interested, to get this solved.

We are. But as you are at this moment the only customer who faces this problem and we are unable to offer any assist to either party I would not expect a lot from us.

Archived