Packs Turning Off With Ignition

atav757

Why is it that the packs are turning off with the engines on, when the engine mode selector is placed to ignition? I assume this was done to make engine start realistic, but now it's completely unrealistic when I'm selecting ignition on (heavy precip/turb, etc.) and I hear both packs spool down. I just purchasedd the Airbus bundle minutes ago and I'm surprised something like this is happening. 

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

56 minutes ago, airnz515 said:

I fairly certain this is a feature of the real aircraft, so no surprise it would be modeled.

I promise you it’s not! Packs don’t turn off when selecting ignition on with engines running. They only turn off automatically when an engine is being started.

I also did more testing and noticed that when you keep the engine mode selector on IGN long enough, the packs will come back on (as in real life), then when I started engine 2, the packs stayed on and the engine started successfully. I didn't see these basic issues on the "what's not completed" list, is this a future fix?

• Deputy Sheriffs

It will be looked at. But keep in mind this is a very complex system and only SOP is modeled. Anything not SOP might work but is not guaranteed and as such no bug, just a not modeled feature.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The bleed air system was totally rewritten and some things are not fully modeled yet. Expect this to be corrected with a future update. 

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

The bleed air system was totally rewritten and some things are not fully modeled yet. Expect this to be corrected with a future update. 

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Awesome, thanks!

Archived