No cruising levels

this chart is abot the ALLOWED cruising levels depending on the course of the plane - the cruise level in your flightplan is dependent on distance, weight and availability.

10 hours ago, data63 said:

this chart is abot the ALLOWED cruising levels depending on the course of the plane - the cruise level in your flightplan is dependent on distance, weight and availability.

Yes indeed.

but you never answered my question. Where can these be found on the enroute charts

Hi,

if you are looking on a enroute chart e.g. from Eurocontrol, I would say there is no sign of odd/even cruising levels.

This can be found in AIP document 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 of the each country. 

Within PFPX, if you point the mouse over an airway symbol or a direct, it shows you the used cruise table. For Europe the most common cruise tables are SA (westbound -> even and eastbound -> odd) and SO / YY (northbound -> even and southbound -> odd).

Regards

David

• 1 year later...
On 12/24/2018 at 10:44 AM, Driver170 said:

Yes indeed.

but you never answered my question. Where can these be found on the enroute charts

Nobody will answer your question.

Cruise tables are dissapear in PFPX, you only see the name of it, i.e. "SA" or "YY" or "SO" but not if the airway has par or odd level

Why?

Maybe only the angels know :-))

regards

Floren

PFPX is a planning application and it will assign the correct flight levels for a given airway or direct based on the cruise tables.

For the availability of levels on specific airways consult the AIP, these override the generic cruising level direction referred to in the original post.

As David has already pointed out the specific levels of an airway are not published on charts.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes of course.

But the prior version of PFPX showed if the airway was even or odd

New versions usually are for increase the operativity, but not in this case and for this case.

Tks anyway and regards

Floren

Archived