Turn off Validation

Validation in 2.03 seems to be a big mess. I can not create a flight between ESSA EKCH, no matter what route i plan it fails in Validation and prevents me from releasing it. Even the auto find route fails.

Is there a way to turn off validation? If not I will go back to 1.19 that worked ok and no stupid validations stopping me.

I made no changes, just 'clicked the buttons', validated 1st time. 

So, what wrong with PFPX V2.03??

Questions:

1. Why post just 'slagging off' the software, instead of asking the correct questions? There are plenty of users on here that would be willing to guide you, but now you might have closed that door

2. If you had posted showing the steps that you do when creating a flight that might have helped you get some help.

3. What's 'stupid' about the validation system? V2 makes the FP validation a lot easier and more accurate than V1. Is it perfect, nearly, but it will get better, maybe hopefully in the next cycle 😎

Best of luck with YOUR issues

Please login to display this image.

I have made it around those validation errors. Can release flights now. I wanted to go via SVD and SVD1A star , it works now

And thank you alpha177 for the very polite answer

Hi Perwel,

SVD has been replaced with fix ERNOV on November 8th, 2018. That might be the reason why your route via SVD fails. The dme is still there, but it has no connection to any airways anymore.

With current AIRAC 1813 PFPX creates correct route DKR N872 ERNOV straight away.

Regards

David

so maybe the problem is (online) validating routes planned with outdated AIRACs?

btw. the validation is optional - not validating doesn't prevent you from releasing a plan

2 hours ago, data63 said:

so maybe the problem is (online) validating routes planned with outdated AIRACs?

btw. the validation is optional - not validating doesn't prevent you from releasing a plan

OK thanks,

Why I wrote that I could not release flight is that I have in ver. 1 always used the little button right above the plan window

that means something like "next thing to do" and now in 2.03 that one was ok until I pressed Compute Flight. I ends

with a Validation only option and after pressing that one the next one Release is disabled. So I was a little angry when

I wrote this thread. I could not Release my flight, but......

After looking around after calmed down I found the far left Button in the tools at the top that said Release 😀

and it was active even if the Validation failed.

4 hours ago, Sharky said:

Hi Perwel,

SVD has been replaced with fix ERNOV on November 8th, 2018. That might be the reason why your route via SVD fails. The dme is still there, but it has no connection to any airways anymore.

With current AIRAC 1813 PFPX creates correct route DKR N872 ERNOV straight away.

Regards

David

I have the 1809 AIRAC so that is the answer that SVD have been replaced. Validation complained about that SVD was not a part of N872

Will get the latest from Navigraph.

Thanks a lot David and data63

So everything is OK for now. I like the new version and think I will try out my flights from now on with Validation and see

if I can pass them. One more challenge then just planning

14 hours ago, Sharky said:

Hi Perwel,

Regards

David

David

Is there somewhere a kind of News/changes web or so about changes with navigation things, like SVD replaced with ERNOV?

Would be nice to have instead of being mad and frustrated when things does not work and you wonder why.

Archived