Updater stopped working

0Artur0

When I only had Airbus installed the updater was working. Then I installed Twin Otter and suddenly the updater stopped working. When I click the icon the updater opens a blank (white) window for a few seconds then just closes. Any ideas?

Windows 10, P3D v4.4.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Since the Twin Otter doesn’t use the Updater, it may not be the cause. Did you make any other changes to your system since the Updater last worked?

No. I literally first installed the Airbuses, ran the updater which updated them. Restarted the machine and then installed the Twotter. I then ran the updater again (I thought it also updates the Twin Otter) and it stopped working. It doesn't work since.

It was not Twotter, it was CRJ! I uninstalled everything and then installed Airbuses, the updater was working again. Then I installed CRJ and the same problem came back. It doesn't work anymore.

35 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

I'm trying to reinstall those things again. I uninstalled Airbuses, Twotter and CRJ. Everything was removed except Aerosoft Updater. How do I uninstall it?

Really, you shouldn't uninstall it, just delete it.  But before doing so, please copy any files that exist in the Products Folder (if there are other Aerosoft Product files in the Products Folder), and put then back after the new install.  Be sure to re-download a new installer!

As I said, it's CRJ that's causing Aerosoft Updater to not work. If CRJ is installed it doesn't work, when I uninstall it, it works again. I did it twice now, the same result every time. I also installed Twin Otter and if CRJ is not installed, the updater works, so it was not the Twotter as I initially thought.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please re-download the CRJ 1.2 installer from your shop account. There was a problem in the setup when configuring the updater, that has been fixed.

15 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Please re-download the CRJ 1.2 installer from your shop account. There was a problem in the setup when configuring the updater, that has been fixed.

I did reinstall CRJ with the installer from the shop (Version: 1.2.0.0) but the updater still doesn't work. Should I also delete the updater before re-installing CRJ?

36 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

No, that isn't necessary.

Well, then I don't know what's the problem. As I said, I installed it from the latest installer I downloaded from the Aerosoft Shop and I'm getting this error.

Archived